Our recent trip - 134 Pounds of Flathead Catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by zcat, Jun 9, 2009.

1. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just some flatheads. 134+ pounds of fish . Biggest 39 and 32 + pounds.

Attached Files:

• all.jpg
      all.jpg
      File size:
      34.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Deerslayer29

Deerslayer29 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nice fish!!! Are they in you driveway? Did you keep em?

3. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    was wondering the same thing. hope not, it'll be hard to ever break that state record if people keep bigguns! i got a 51lber last week from the maumee. got a pic and put him back. he might go 61 next year for someone. got a better chance for that record too some day putting fish that size back. great job though man! congrats, shane

4. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Nice fish. That is a great outing for anyone. Hopefully they are back in to be caught another day.

5. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well since everyone is wondering if we keep our fish. Yes we did. We Havent landed a flat in almost two years. Didnt go much last year and the year before went out alot ,but nothing really. Most of the time didnt even get any hits. We do like to eat them. Wife hasnt worked in 4 years ,myself I worked 5 months and 3 weeks last year. And havnt worked since the end of last oct. Been at the company 22 years. Just putting some free meat in freezer. Normally We throw them back.

6. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Congrats on the nice flats! I can appreciate the need for meat. gotta feed the family.
    :0a22: ​

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Great catches Don, I honestly didnt care if you kept them or threw them back they were yours to do with what you please again great catches

8. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati

As long as they went to good use I am fine with it as well. You caught them, you can keep them if you want them. I do enjoy eating a flathead every now and then, I think they taste the best of all the catfish.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    An awesome catch there! Congrats on a really good night.

10. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches!! Times are definetly tough right now, can't balme you abit for keeping em.

11. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey, lot of meals man, sorry about the lecture. enjoy!!:wink: shane

12. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad you caught some for the dinner table! I just hate to see the big ones get hauled home for a picture then left for dead. Looks like one big fish fry!

13. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    no need to say why you kept them brother, :wink: its up to you.some folks mite not like it when i post b/c i say what i feel is right. why do some folks say cpr the big ones to pass on there gens, well dont the lil 1to5 lbers have them gens and if you eat them you are doing the same thing as takeing the bigger ones . right? i myself cpr ALL FISH, and i do it b/c i chose to.:wink: rock on.

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice fish, were they caught in Ohio??? ohio has a one flathead per day limit over 34 inches..looks like several of those fish are bigger than that.

15. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

This is true. I was wondering the samething.

16. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    thats one over 35'' and no limit under 35''

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well the 39-lb and 32-lb are over 35 inches..for sure...

18. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    yes he is over limit for sure

19. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    hay jakkal old pal if u look he says "our fishin trip" and theys 3 of 'em hovering over the fish...... don't the regs mean 1 over 35 PER angler? do the math.........

20. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for all the replys good and bad. Yes I know the fish size limit is 35 in. All 3 of us fish . Only two fish were over that size. One was 42 in and one was 41 . My son caught the 42 my wife got the 41. Sorry we finally had a good day in two years after many many many fishless and biteless trips. Will stick to the hunting forum.