Our kids, future catfisherman

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by skippy, Oct 13, 2005.

1. skippy

skippy New Member

State:
    cincinnati ohio
    I started taking my son out on all night fishin trips when he was 6-7. He wanted to see what it was about, he always went with me to catch bait. One day he asked, dad when can I get a big pole? I said; lets see how u do.
    Now he has 3 9' reflex rods with amb. 6000. Heres some pics of his progression. He is 10 now. first pic his first channel cat, sec pic, his first flathead totally on his own, third- 28# flathead, he needed dads help and coaching on this one though.... :D ....... :D Now i take him with me as much as his mother will allow.

Attached Files:

• Ty1.jpg
      Ty1.jpg
      File size:
      6 KB
      Views:
    • Ty2.jpg
      Ty2.jpg
      File size:
      5.2 KB
      Views:
    • Ty3.jpg
      Ty3.jpg
      File size:
      5.2 KB
      Views:
  2. skippy

skippy New Member

State:
    cincinnati ohio
    Hey lets face it, young and old, we all need to brag now and then... :D

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Great pics. Skippy!
    Looks like we have a new member, WTG!!!

4. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Warms the ol' heart Bro.I've been taking my son out since he was a baby>i've got photos of him from the time I set him in the boat with a lifejacket on sitting in his car seat.He's starting to find other intrest,but they are all good.I miss his company out on the lake.He's only 8 ,but smart as a whip,and he get bored so easy ubnless the fish are wide open.He'll go crappie fishing in a jiffy because we usally catch those slaps pretty quick,but he just can't keep his mind on catfish if they bite slow.He'll grow out of that ,I hope.I made him promise me somthing one day on the lake.I ask him when I got old and couldn't get around good,drive or get the boat in the water,if he would take me fishing?he said yes sir and I asked him to promise me that and he did.That's all I ask from my son in the last years of my life is to replay me with the love of fishing.I'll give him all I can in years to come if he'll just take me fishing when I get to the point I can't do it alone.

5. skippy

skippy New Member

State:
    cincinnati ohio
    Mudhole Kid, I wasnt sure my boy would have the pacients either, I guess he showed me huh....... He wouldnt even sleep at all the first few times i took him. He also has a lot of other interests, but he jumps at a chance to go catin with the old man... :)

6. skippy

skippy New Member

State:
    cincinnati ohio
    yea, I keep trying to get his mother to let him join us, but, well u know how it is... school, sports etc....

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Momma and I take the two little ones with us all the time . They are 4 and 8 and have both pretty well grown up in the boat with us. The little girl (4yr. old) is hard to keep quiet some times LOL jabber box, so we carry coloring books and stuff to keep her entertained when she gets bored. They came in handy at the gathering on Truman when we needed to start a fire LOL , ol' NoCat2Big can attest to that. The boy does pretty good and has learned the ropes pretty well. MUDHOLE I can only hope some day our kids will wheel or sorry butts in the boat and even if we need a coloring book I bet we have a smile on our face! Love to see kids fishing. they are our future Catfisherman!

8. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Great pics im sure you and him both enjoy it you will have great memories.Mines grown now 23 years old Fireman full time for last year now and in school for Parimedics and the girls so not much time for dad and fishing/hunting these days but thats ok im proud and i have great memories and im sure a grandson or daughter before i get to old to enjoy them LOL.