Our heroes

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by andi1950, Mar 30, 2006.

1. andi1950

andi1950 New Member

State:
    Belton, Texas
    I was just wondering how many of our brothers and sisters are serving in the military, right now and where you are serving. You have my gratitude and thanks. Please check in and let us know. BUT, don't compromise yourself or your unit!

jerry

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    There also one of my hero there the one's fight for our freedom. Remember to say a prayer for them that GOD will return them safely home .

3. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Any one who has ever worn a uniform is a Hero if you ask me, be it a cop, fireman, military or EMT. But a very good post indeed.

4. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Well said Gator thats is it in a nutshell.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

That is it exactly!!! My hats off to them all!!!

6. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    You know, one reason that I really enjoy this site is that members are not afraid to show respect for those that protect us. As a prior service member (Army/Air Force) and a retired State Trooper, I can only echo what has been said in the previous posts. As BOC brothers/sisters we don't always have to agreed with every thing that's being posted. But we need to respect person and their rights to make a posts that we may not agree with. My $.02 worth!

7. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree and I stand behind our troops 100%! and those G#$DA&( people that dont and bad mouth are troops......well I cant continue my thoughts on those type of people because they are just worthless. I support them 100% and stand behind the men and women that defend our country and have made it what it is today!

8. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    In my opiion, if you put on a uniform of any kind(other than a sports one) , then you are most likely,putting someone else's life ahead of your own. That my friends is a HERO. Just as Jim said.
    In these days and times, we forget about the local ones and only think of the military ones.
    Lets not forget the ones who "come-a-running" toward us when we're in trouble, instead away from us.
    My hat is lofted to you all, and my heart goes out to you.

9. foreverflathead

foreverflathead New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I would have to agree with all, I have nothing but total respect and admiration to all who serve. God Bless our country and all who serve to protect it!!

10. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!!!!!

(Read this and then click the link below)
    The elderly parking lot attendant wasn't in a good mood!
    Neither was Sam Bierstock. It was around 1 a.m., and Bierstock, a Delray Beach, Fla. , eye doctor, business consultant, corporate speaker and musician, was bone tired after appearing at an event.
    He pulled up in his car, and the parking attendant began to speak. "I took two bullets for this country and look what I'm doing," he said bitterly.
    At first, Bierstock didn't know what to say to the World War II veteran. But he rolled down his window and told the man, "Really, from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you."
    Then the old soldier began to cry.
    "That really got to me," Bierstock says.
    Cut to today.
    Bierstock, 58, and John Melnick, 54, of Pompano Beach - a member of Bierstock's band, Dr. Sam and the Managed Care Band - have written a song inspired by that old soldier in the airport parking lot. The mournful "Before You Go" does more than salute those who fought in WWII. It encourages people to go out of their way to thank the aging warriors before they die.
    "If we had lost that particular war, our whole way of life would have been shot," says Bierstock, who plays harmonica. "The WW II soldiers are now dying at the rate of about 2,000 every day. I thought we needed to thank them."
    The song is striking a chord. Within four days of Bierstock placing it on the Web http://www.beforeyougo.us, the song and accompanying photo essay have bounced around nine countries, producing tears and heartfelt thanks from veterans, their sons and daughters and grandchildren.
    "It made me cry," wrote one veteran's son. Another sent an e-mail saying that only after his father consumed several glasses of wine would he discuss "the unspeakable horrors" he and other soldiers had witnessed in places such as Anzio, Iwo Jima, Bataan and Omaha Beach. "I can never thank them enough," the son wrote. "Thank you for thinking about them."
    Bierstock and Melnick thought about shipping it off to a professional singer, maybe a Lee Greenwood type, but because time was running out for so many veterans, they decided it was best to release it quickly, for free, on the Web. They've sent the song to Sen. John McCain and others in Washington. Already they have been invited to perform it in Houston for a Veterans Day tribute - this after just a few days on the Web. They hope every veteran in America gets a chance to hear it.

GOD BLESS every EVERY veteran...
    and THANK you to those of you veterans who may receive this !

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO HEAR THE SONG AND SEE THE PICTURES:

Click here

Dr. Sam & The Managed Care Blues Band

Then share it -- and send it to everyone you know!

11. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    To all those who put on a uniform to protect us or help us, THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]