Our Daughter Lauren

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I've received several PM's, emails, calls, etc always asking how Lauren is doing.

She is progressing well with her Diabetes. She still gets her 4 shots a day but they sure dont slow her down any. Takes her about 10 seconds, and she says they dont hurt any. Her little fingers are getting pretty knarley from multiple finger sticks a day which I hate, but shes doing very good with it. She still wants to try the insulin pump out, however the doctors wont let her have one until she quits 'honeymooning' (Honeymooning means her pancreas still is producing insulin on occassion)
    So, in a nutshell, all is going pretty darn good with her treatments. She has some high numbers, and some low numbers, but for the most part were doing pretty good at keeping her blood sugars normal and her A1C checks are coming back good.

I'm EXTREMELY proud to report Lauren has been accepted into The Discovery Program for gifted children. She has made straight A's every since she started school, but I never thought of her as being 'gifted'. I just thoughtit was normal for a Jefferson County School :crazy: Well, she wanted to try and get into the program, and we were fearfull she might get her heart broken if she didnt make it in, but we acquiesced and 'prepared for the worst'. :embarassed:

Well, her test scores for Discovery all came back in the 99th Percentile, and she scored a 131 on the IQ Test. :smile2: NO DAM wonders she never wants me to help her with her homework. LMAO. I'm just a catfisherman. She proudly showed Grumper all her scores the other night. She's now attending different classes, and taking accelerated course work. NOW I'm PRAYING she doesnt ask me for help with her homework. :roll_eyes:

There is also a plan to try and crack the IGFA Blue Cat All Tackle World Record for a small fry. She's been practicing :cool2:

Thought all of you would like to hear how she's been. From all of us, let me say thank you for all the kind words, cards, stuffed animals, pm's, emails, phone calls, etc. Your expressions of kindness over this past year will never be forgotten. I always let her read your notes and I'm thinking about letting her have her own avatar soon. :eek:oooh:

If I've missed a 'Thank You' somewhere along the line please except my apologies. We appreciate all of you. The way we look at it anymore, is we were blessed with a special child. She certainly doesnt let Diabetes slow her down any thats for sure.

As for Jack, he's doing ok in school :roll_eyes: has 3 girlfriends, and brings home notes from teachers once a week. The letters arnt usually the kind that make daddy proud, but they sometimes make him laugh :smile2:

Heres his last 3

1. Wont keep hands to hisself, and pushing in line.
    2. Break dancing in the middle of class.
    3. Involved in kindergarten "Brawl" on playground. 12 kids got in trouble with that one. :cool2:

His grades are good though, so what am I to do? :cool2:

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's great to hear, great people don't let obstacles stop them from doing great things...your daughter will be a leader in her life i know. :cool2:

Well, boys will be boys... lol :wink::smile2:

Thanks for the update Brother...:cool2:

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Glad to hear she's doing well and that Jack, well, that at least my boys aren't the only ones who are giving teachers writer's cramp:smile2:

Sorry we missed you guys for leadstock but I've been traveling so much with work I didn't want to take off most of the weekend if the boys couldn't go.

Hope things continue to go well in Cuzland and tell Lauren she's gonna have to beat her little Westie buddy Eric to that JIGFA certificate:wink:

So how long did it take you to teach Jack the robot and the headspin, anyway?

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    glad to hear the good news.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Thanks for the update, glad to hear it....... Like father like son, that classroom Break'n is just practice for the front deck "Hog Dance" :smile2:

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Branden, I'd love to see Ol Eric crack that mark. If it werent for a heavy handed guide a couple years back, he'd be enjoying the solitutude at the top of the charts :tounge_out:

Sorry we missed you guys. Hope to catch up soon. Tell them youngans hello from the Cuzlets and myself.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good to hear the daughter is doing ok. The smartness had to come from her mother:wink: right.JK Cuz.You really have something to be proud off!!
    Now the boy that's another story. Someone has to keep them teacher on their toes or their jobs just get plain boring. Just ask CuzICan (Cher) she'll tell you how boring her classes are right now:haha:

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Great news Cuz. I hope everything keeps going well.

9. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to hear that everything is going well!

10. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Well I'm glad she got all of her redemming Qualities from her mother, We all know the well is bout dry on dads side

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Now THAT would be a truism. lol :smile2:

12. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    glad to hear all is well cuz

maybe you should go back to school
    sounds like she could help you with the homework:smile2:

later
    slider

13. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Glad she's doing alright now. All my kids are grown now. I almost lost one of them when he was born but he is healthy now.

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Haha, no worries, little guy never would have gotten the rod out of the holder without some help - that pig had it pinned in there pretty tight:smile2:

Forgot to mention, congratulate Lauren for us for making it into the advanced program - and Jack on his abilities on the dance floor:smile2:

15. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    glad to hear all is going well do u think lauren can help me with my homework:smile2: i need to pass my senior year

16. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    She's a REAL Trooper, another redeeming quality from MOM.:smile2:

17. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Good to know everything is working out.In a few years,I guess we'll hear My Daddy is an airline pilot,but I design new space shuttles.Sounds like the boy ain't too bad,if his grades are good.Maybe he's bored,like you said,it is Jeff.Co. schools.

18. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    I never knew anything of this, but I am glad to hear that she is doing good with the whole situation and is aware of what is going on.