Our Club Needs YOUR Help!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by WylieCat, Dec 14, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The Carolina Catfish Club needs your help, and for once NO ONE is asking for money!! :smile2:

Earlier this year our club requested that the governing wildlife body in our state, The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission (NCWRC), implement a harvest restriction on blue catfish catfish in two of our lakes. The goal was to provide the NCWRC biologists with a control environment where they could monitor the progress of such a program before taking it statewide.

The proposal is for one fish over 32" per day in Lake Norman and Badin Lake.

As part of the process, in January the state will begin having public hearings on the topic. Many of our members plan to attend the different meetings around the state. The biologists realized not everyone can attend these meetings so they allow public comment online.

THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN!!

We would appreciate if you would log onto the NCWRC website and SHOW YOUR SUPPORT IN FAVOR of the restrictions. You can follow this link:
    http://www.ncwildlife.org/ Follow the link to "submit a comment online" and go to the "fishing" section. It will be item F27.

Sometimes the site is slow, so please check back if you hit it at a bad time.

Many of you fish the waters of North Carolina, and many of you are in the bordering states and would come to NC to fish if the populations of trophy blue catfish were there. Heck, some of you may be in Wisconsin and just want a good excuse to come to a warmer climate in January and catch 60 pound catfish!!! Your help is much appreciated in helping us get this passed.

I feel sure that no other wildlife group can have the impact on the public hearings and that the BOC members can have!!

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    always like to go fishin, and catchin a big one is incentive, just don't know if i can justify it. bigger than anything i've ever seen thats for sure

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Give me an excuse to see the mother in law in Kannapolis.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats a good thing you guys are doing for conservation..

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Good luck with this Dieter, I support your efforts 100%. Comment has been submitted.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Got it in...Dieter. Keep up the good fight brother!!!

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for all your support. It appears that there are a lot of folks looking to change things in their states. :wink:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dieter, I emailed a note to your state in support of the 30 inch minimum. Good Luck with the fight brother.