1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Went fishing while camping high above Moab Desert(9000 ft ele) in the La Sal Mountains and came across a small lake. It had 2 steams feeding it with one run off. Good water flow. You could literally see the trout in the water swimming.

Heres a picture of our trout. It was dark by the time we got back to camp.

Attached Files:

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thats awesome amy!

i used to love those clean water fish yall have out there. we camped a lot when we lived in ut and id

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Nice looking trout Amy, Ill bet they were tasty!! Next time you go camping and catch some trout, try this. put your trout in tin foil, make a basket and pour some beer over the trout add a little butter, salt and pepper. Make sure you use enough beer so the fish will simer in it untill there done. Oh--also twist the ends of the tin foil basket so that its closed tight. Put your basket over hot coals, preferably on a grate close to the coals. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!! LOL

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice trout.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice trout Amy!

When we camped and fished in CO Betty would make trout croquettes, it was a job for her to make enough for our crew. One year we caught so many trout she canned several jars. Then after we got home we had trout croquettes many times.

6. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY

7. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    A very nice stringer of trout you got there

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Amy! Nice haul of Trout you got there! :big_smile: I bet they made a nice dinner! :wink:

9. Zing

Zing New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great catch Amy, nothing better than fresh trout.