Our camping trip to WDM

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by puppypal, Sep 9, 2009.

1. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Ray and I went back up to WDM for bait fishing mostly and to get away from it all! LOL We had a super time and the critters kept me entertained through-out the whole trip. I named a couple and doo-dad and Be-boop are the two birds. They came as far as my arm to me and we had a jolly time. We caught a record breaking 135 skips in 4 hours and several bass, along with eater cats and fun with drum! The river went way down and the sand bar was showing...but then again the time away from it all was a great de-stresser for myself. Even did the arkie thing when my silver side minnow started to tear.......taped it up with what ya might ask?
    (Hot Pink Duck tape... )I was thinking all the while, Oh, my, I an't gonna catch nothing.....BAM! Got me a huge skipjack and told Ray had to have a picture of this expecially for Coach, Tman, and Gonefishing ....
    Sweiss from PA came down for the day of fishing. The river had dropped so not much biting til of course the skedders did but fun was had ball all. Here is a couple pictures
    Pink duck tape saves the day
    wdm going down
    and be-bop and do-dad

Attached Files:

2. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    puppypal at WDM fishing for bait
    me again gettn a two fur! LOL
    ray at the dyke right down from the boat ramp

Attached Files:

3. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    the river the next afternoon
    Sweiss joined us for a fun afternoon
    skipjack rewards.......winter fishing yes! cathog said they have coveralls in hot pink!

Attached Files:

4. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Raysplay at WDM
    another of ray my hubby
    Sweiss our BOC friend

Attached Files:

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
  6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Looks like you guys want have to worry about bait for a while And I know you had fun:0a18:

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Glenda, what dam were ya'll fishing at?

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Johnny- that is the first one on the Arkansas river down at Dumas/Pendellton Arkansas. Just up from where the river joins the Mississippi and White river.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Looks like ya'll got the hang of hangin skips. Glad ya'll got up some bait. See you an Ray around . Mac

10. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Yes puppypal and I had a great time, the skips were biting really good was catching them two and some time three @ a time was a blast watching Glenda hauling in some of those big skips 2 and 3 @ a time.
    As always she was catching a little of everything strippers,brim ,c-cat,drum,gar,large mouth bass,and skip. I need to stop fishing for those sharks and fish like she does and i will at least be catching something.
    She did'nt out do me on skips I was smart i had the only sabikii rig and did'nt loose it til about a hour before we left, and she was fishing jigs:smile2:
    But she is on to my secret she has mail ordered 24 new sabikii rigs :eek:oooh:

Its was great meeting a new BOC member SWeiss (Steve) from the big penn. state even if the cats where not bitting as well as we would have liked them to. But we shared a lot of stories and fish talk wh'll glenda was busy catching fish.LOL:smile2:

11. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great pics. I have been to a couple of gatherings at WDM years ago. In fact that is where I first meet my good buddy Coach. Had some good times there.:006:

12. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i ordered me some sabikis from CC and hope to go back to wdm toward the first of next month. maybe glen and ray can come and teach the wife and me how to catch skips.

13. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    You just let me and puppy know and if her work schedule works out we will be glad to join you at WDM I dont know about teaching someone thats been fish alot longer than i have and catches a lot better fish than we do "ANYTHING." but if you want you can purtend you dont know how and we will show you:wink:.

14. gonefishing

gonefishing New Member

State:
    Near Monroe LA
    hey Billy and Ray yall let me know when you will be going to wdm. I am getting a little low on bait too.

15. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    really looks like ya'll had a great time. Wish I could of been there but I had to work that weekend.

The wife and I would have really enjoyed getting to fish with ya'll again.

16. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    now that's funny