Our Breakfast with a Young Bald Eagle!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BigKatWilly, Mar 6, 2007.

1. BigKatWilly

BigKatWilly New Member

State:
    Mansfield Ohio
    On February 26th my Girl Susie and I were at a friends cabin at Will's Creek Ohio. It was about 8:00am and had just took a sip of my morning coffee when to my surprise a BIG bird took a perch in a tree in front of the cabin. After a closer look it turned out to be a Young Bald Eagle that had just got a nice fish for breakfast. What a cool thing to see. It was really something! What a beautiful bird. Here are a few pic's! Enjoy!

:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Either thats a sparrow or you need a good zoom lens! lol:big_smile:
    Thanks for sharing. I always heard that you had to be quiet to get birds to come around. What's the matter was Susie mad at you! lol:eek:oooh: :tounge_out:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Cool pics, thanks for sharing. Welcome to the BOC.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I fish at greenlane reservoir & they have a nesting pair of bald eagles there. they have the area off limits by the nest so its hard to find em. one day I was out fishing with my niece and we were lucky enough to see one catch a carp while we were drifting thru a bay.

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats great will , have you seen the adults around any

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That's pretty cool bro! I've only seen them in the zoo! Thanks for the pics.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good pics. I see them quite a bit while fishing, but haven't been able to get close enough for a photo. Thanks for posting.

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Enjoyed the photos, Will... such amazing birds! Used to see them regularly up in northern Michigan... even giving flight lessons to the young'uns. Down here we have mostly red-tailed hawks and owls.
    Thanks for sharing these!

9. BigKatWilly

BigKatWilly New Member

State:
    Mansfield Ohio

Nope not yet. I talked to some people at a bait shop down there and they had seen one of the adults. I keep my eyes open for em'!