Our best double...52#/38#...Wife's pink pole!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stumpjumper, Aug 6, 2008.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My wife and I hit the Tennessee River for an all night trip yesterday and had an awesome night of fishing.

First off, this was my wife's first trip with her new (PINK) Catfish Safari rods that I got her for our anniversary. Secondly, I had just finished upgrading to Pro series Driftmasters that same day of the trip.

Well, we caught some nice fish. We had our best double hook-up. First my rod was slammed by a 38# Blue. As I was fighting the fish Tricia's new pink pole starts peeling drag like crazy. We layed a 52# Blue next to my 38#er. Needless to say it was exciting and I think the fish will qualify Tricia for Catfish Safari's 50# free rod drawing!

Anyway, we caught some more nice fish to end with ~250 lbs. (9 fish). All fish were caught on cutbait in 20 feet of water or less.

Here are the weights: 13, 17, 13, 31, 52, 38, 21, 28, 41

Tricia did not sleep a wink this night! We had a blast. Here are a few pictures of her putting me to shame, again!

Attached Files:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Awesome. Thats the way to break in a new rod. Congrats to the both of you on an unforgettable night. You can tell she always has a great time with you by her smile. My wife fishes with me more than anyone else. We are some lucky men, I tell ya.

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Way to go Marc, glad y'all had a great night. Too bad it was night and I can't see where you caught 'em at, bet it would look pretty familiar though :wink::big_smile:.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Marc those are some nice Blues. Congrats to your wife and you.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Oh great! Now we are all getting our butts whooped by a pink rod! :crazy: :wink: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Congrats Marc & Tricia on the super night of fishing! :big_smile: Awesome pics! :cool2: You guys are awesome!

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Congrats Marc And Tricia, On A Wonderful Night Fishing:big_smile:. Those Are Some Nice Blues Thanks For The Story And For The Pics:smile2:.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I bet there was some adrenaline going in that boat! Thanks for the report and congrats on an excellent trip

8. bream reaper

bream reaper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice double! Looks like she had a great time catting all night with no sleep.

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice fish!!! Congrats:wink:

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Those are great fish. But why didnt she have that new rod in the pictures:smile2:? We want to see it. Way to go keep it up. Thanks for sharing The story and pictures. Sure enjoyed it.

Tom

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats verry nice fish thanks for sharring:cool2:

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Re-looked at the pictures. This time I opened my eyes and saw the rod in the first picture:embarassed:.

Tom

13. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Marc, I am now a believer it's the Pink Rod man. I get looks when I wear my pink polo shirt too. Real good looks.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Marc thanks for sharing your fishing trip with the wife. Nice fish. Sounds like those pink rods are doing a great job. :big_smile: Do you think they could change a mans luck?

15. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Great job Marc and Tricia. Now that is what I call spending quality time with the wife. :wink:

16. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice cats, congrats to you and the mrs.

17. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Way to go...thats a good night of fishing...:wink:

18. Massive Cat

Massive Cat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    those was some nice fish.

19. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Man you have been tearing them up lately..Way to go.

20. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Dang I think I need me some of them there PINK RODS??:embarassed::crazy::wink:. Congrads to you and the lady!!