our 2 year anniversary fishing trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by adamnmisty, Jul 15, 2008.

1. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    :big_smile:misty and i spent out 2 year anniversary on the new river @ shanklin ferry.the night before we went camping we went to pier @ bluestone for some late night cattin'. Misty caught her first and only flat for us of the night, it was awesome:smile2:, she was so excited she was shaking lol.. as far as our camping trip fishing was really good. didnt really get to cat much but the smallies were really active.misty caught hera real nice smallie using a renegade 4inch minnow, it shot right outa the water in front of me scared me to death:embarassed:lol, but i was really excited for her.. i was using everytrhing then got bored and started using good ol' nightcrawlers. i was wading about knee to waist deep just casting out and letting the current take it, and then bam one right after another.. i got a smallie about id say 18inch 4pounds doing this, but later in the evning almst sun down i put one more juicy crawler on there and cast out and then my pole doubled over started reelin but nothing was movin. then it come up and went staight back down i thot by this time it was a bass, then i got it in some more and saw that white belly:big_smile: it was on then.. after bout 5mins and me backin up to the bank i got a really nice channie.. im guessing 26-30inches 6-10pounds, didnt weigh or measure but got a couple pix before i let the beast go home,, just wanted to share this

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Now that is a great way to spend an anniversary. I am going to celebrate my wife's birthday by taking her to a fishing tourny!!

3. bigbengal

bigbengal New Member

State:
    WV
    Hey, thanks for sharing this great story. Congrats on 2 years. I wish the flat heads would start hitting regularly.

4. mistynadam

mistynadam New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I had a great time baby! Just wish the fish liked me as much as they liked you, :roll_eyes:. Although, I could've caught a bunch of minnows that were eating the bugs off my legs:cool2:. Can't wait to go on our next camping trip. Love ya!:sure:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Seems like you all are ganging up on us here. Thanks for sharing your story with us

6. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    thanx for joining the boc baby...:big_smile: