OU to vacate 8 wins

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by ersel, Jul 15, 2007.

1. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Where do you think this leaves the NCAA in dealing with future issues?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    No idea how the NCAA functions. I am just glad they left us the four losses, the no good nose picking critters. They outta be fed ex-lax and then locked in a jail cell. I think the whole idea of punishment of this nature was to slap Stoops... that tears the heck out of his won/loss percentage, which is used to measure the effectiveness of some coaches. Also punishes those schools OU beat, as they don't get to claim another victory...it is an unexplained loss.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Crooks in the NCAA.

They should all be innocent like "The Ohio State Buckeyes" lol

4. suddawg

suddawg New Member

It's ridiculous how the NCAA can slam Colorado and Oklahoma....both policing themselves and self reporting violations, and mysteriously drag their feet on Reggie Bush crap at USC.

If they can take a whole season away from Oklahoma for self reporting a couple players from making 15-20K for doing no work...they can take a national championship away from USC for not monitoring their "Heisman player" and his family for taking 300K+!!

Straight up BS!

Suds

5. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Might have something to do with how many fingers are in which/whos pockets... don't look to me like there are very many okie fingers in there anywheres... probably a good thing tho... I've always thought the ncaa was just a tad-bit from bein 'fair'... jmo, tho...

6. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Almost forgot... as I seem to remember, the ruling was that the teams OU beat will have that 'loss' removed from their records... how very considerate of the ncaa...

7. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    hmmm... from what I heard on the news earlier this evening, those 'vacated wins' will be 'un'-vacated... interesting...

8. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    OU got the wins back. The ncaa set themselves up and deserve everything they get from here on out. More U's will follow USC's lead on how to deal with being "probed" by the ncaa for infractions. I knew it would work out this way. What we have learned from all this is... dont do the ncaa's job for them. They have no subpoena powers so why kick yourself? USC has not cooperated at all and they will walk away from this without any punishment. So, would a U rather handle this like OU and CU or stiff arm the ncaa like USC? I think unfortunately for the great sport of college football we are about to find out.....the SEC is taking notes every time ole Pete breaks wind at this point.