OU Texas Let the Trash Talk Begin

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by ersel, Oct 2, 2006.

1. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Sooners By 8, Peterson with 187 yards rusing.

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    If You Want To Watch Real Football Come To Ohio We'll Show You Hay The Game Is Played .oh Yeah Texas Has Already Seen It

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
  4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i'm with you, Lawrence...the sooners might pull it off, but texas should be the favorite

GO SOONERS!

5. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I would like to agree with the above OU fans,but as a Texas fan, i never like the coaching match up between Coach Stoops and Coach Brown. With everthing being equal between the two teams i would have to bet against the Horns because i think Stoops plays to win,and Mack plays not to lose!

6. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    your absolutely right about coach brown coaching not ti lose rather playing to win,and the only time he played to win was when Vince was there and as we all know he in no longer with them,i believe Oklahoma will pull the upset and knock off Texas

7. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    shame shame shame txriverman. maybe you should change your screen name. HOOK EM HORNS

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    now Matt, is it his fault he's right?:lol:

9. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Hopefully the officials from the OU/Oregon game wont be there. At least then OU may have a fair shot!:big_smile: (I know those were Pac 10 officials, not Big 12)

I think the outcome will be:

Texas 17
    OU 39

GO SOONERS!!!

10. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Mat, I gotta call it like i see it! Look how the offence has performed so far this year,look at the play selection so far this year. Now some of the play selection can be attributed to having a red shirt freshman at QB,but im seeing the same predictive offence we had pre- VY. We will beat the Baylors,and Rices in the NCAA just on talent alone,but when we play teams that have equal talent,then it becomes a game between the coaches. Greg Davis(O.C) has never shown an iota of imagination when it comes to calling a game against a quality opponet. OU has beat us down for 5 games,before last year,and the talent level between the two teams has been pretty even those years,so it all boils down to coaching. Mack can recruit,Chisik(D.C) can call a good game,but Davis.....well if he was anygood some school out there would have already hired him. The fact that he's still an O.C. should tell you something

11. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    i have to agree that the o.c. is a problem for texas. i think it will be a great game as always . the texas running game will be the deciding factor this year.oklahoma has given up big yards to washington and oregon on the ground.texas has four backs that can all run each with his own style and physical attributes.i say horns 24 ou 13.
    good luck tomorrow, you're gonna need it.
    hook em
    matt

12. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Congrats to Texas, and all you Texas fans on a great victory.

Kenny

13. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    We thought we'd take it easy and give Texas a chance? :big_smile:

From what I got to see of the game, it was pretty good?

I was at work at only got to see bits and pieces of the first half, and didn't get too see any of the second half.:sad2:

Congrats Texas on the win.

:0a37: next time though!:big_smile:

Good game guys!

Ken

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Definetley glad that is over for a year. Now gotta wait another year for the next one. LOL. One thing about Texas, they sure can play ball.

15. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx