OU / NU

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by ChannelCatBen, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Well, it's not quite the Game of the Century... but the Sooners take on the Huskers in Lincoln this Saturday. It's a night game, too, which should be fun. Neither team is where they expected to be at this point in the season, both are having their struggles... but still. It's OU/NU. This is the stuff that football is made of.

I'm sick of the Big 12's scheduling. Nebraska and Oklahoma should play every year. I don't care how many times ESPN says it, Colorado is not Nebraska's rival. It's always been Oklahoma. And to take that game away two years out of four is nonsense.

http://www.newsok.com/berry-tramel-...article/3414595?custom_click=lead_story_title

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    the way the North and South divisions is set up, the north teams rotate thru the south teams. So if OU did play Nebraska ever year, the one of the Northern teams would loose out on a good Butt kicking by OU....

3. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yeah, that's how it's set up now. NU plays the other five North division teams, and three from the south division, meaning they play every South division team twice every four years. But (thinking out loud here), let's say they preserve the cross-divisional rivalry. Then NU would play the five North division teams, OU, and two south division teams. It might mean that NU would play Baylor or OSU or Texas less often, but I don't think Husker fans would mind so much. It would be a decent trade-off.

Or maybe we could just give Colorado to you guys in the south. :smile2:

But, really, if the situation was the same as it used to be (both teams are at the top of the food chain all the time, meeting each other with 8-0 or 7-1 records), they'd still meet up in the Big 12 Championship game every year. That would be fine too. They'd just have to get past teams like BYU and Iowa State.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I saw some discussion where it is going to be proposed at this springs B12 conference of schools for OU/Nebraska to resume the rivalry. Sure we got Texas, but there is not much liking or respect of the Texas team. Their fans are not as classy or knowledgeable as the Nebraska fans. Heck, the only thing intelligent Texas fans have to say is "hook 'em horns". After that, they are somewhat limited. I want the best of both worlds...a schedule which plays UT and Nebraska each year, with maybe Alabama thrown in fairly occasionally. That is another class program.

5. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    You mean like the way Nebraska missed out on a good butt kicking by OU?

Go Big Red!