OU loses, Bradford hurt

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Mi11er, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Ou loses and Bradford is hurt. Do you think that he wishes he took the money now? I hate to see a young man getting hurt and losing out on a national championship all in the same day

2. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Tough loss for OU. I hate to see an injury like that happen, especially in the first game of the season. That makes the Big 12 South picture that much cloudier.

Congrats to BYU, though. They played a heck of a game.

3. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    hmm it just goes to show you that your backups need to be more than able to play the position when the starter goes down tough break for ou and bradford but it happens gotta deal with it

4. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    It looked more like a poor job of coaching on OU's part rather than losing a QB.

5. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    they are by no means out of the NC game pic yet!! :wink:

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Being from Missouri I am definately not an OU fan. But i really hate to see a young man hurt. I would rather see a team beat with all its starters it is much more rewarding. That said BYU held them to 10 in the first half and played quite well against their starters. You can bet a lot of defensive coordinators will be studing that film to see how the defense did it.

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    An injury this early in the season usually will come back time and again through out the year.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Problem with shoulder injuries, they take longer to heal sometimes.

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Earl knows what he's talking about:wink:

10. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    OU has been like that for a long time. They have great depth at other positions but not the QB. Would have thought that after they lost him once and the offense stalled more emphasis would have been put on having a reliable backup. The back up seemed to have a pretty strong arm just not the snaps with the first team to be in synch.

The LB can free and no one picked him up. Maybe with all the "check with me" play calling going on Bradford forgot how to read a defense and change the blocking scheme to pick up the blitz.

At least it was early in the season and they can bounce back from this lost. If they win out the rest of the year their name will be in the talk about a trip to the title game.

On the side note - OSU looked good against a good Georgia squad.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Looks like Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow will be winning the Heisman this year.

12. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    OU's offense was poor even with Bradford in the game, but they made up for it on defense by not tackling anybody. They're gonna have to make some big time improvements quick, because they'll have to go to Miami in a few weeks. Gresham is out for the year, looks like him and Bradfords decision to come back this year was a bad one. They should have took the money.