Other ramps?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Sep 2, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I have one more question I'd like to ask the board.

Is there any other places I can launch a boat to fish downtown in addition to the cobblestones below the arch?

That doesn't seem to be the safest of place and I'm open to exploring other locations.

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I've just been launching down here and driving the boat up there. Heck, It's just as cheap, and takes about the same amount of time, and I don't have to screw with all the traffic to get there.:wink: Isn't there a conservation ramp up by the chain of rocks? That's the only thing I can think of without locking through.

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

Hey Greg, Its a rescue ramp downtown just south of the arch. I've used that ramp in the past and it should get ya where your trying to go.

4. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    The emergency ramp is not accessible because the driveway into it washed away during the flood. Your choices are the cobblestones, Columbia Bottoms, are one of the Jefferson County ramps.

5. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    you can use the emergency ramp they are fixing the approach but it aint pretty ,riverview is closed to boats there is a sand bar at the end of it thet told me riverview is in the process of being closed due to the riff raff that likes to hang there,it will jus push them somewhere else,cobbles or boat ride from colubia

6. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Coast guard ramp is starting to look a lot better city has been dumping cement all weekend and tonight it almost level and filled in. I don't think your going to find any boats ramps along the river anywhere around St. Louis or the metro east that are 100% safe.

7. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks for all of the responses guys. I guess there really aren't many options for that section.

Confluence or bust I suppose.......