Other Ramp on the Meremac

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I was wondering if any one new any info on the ramp down by the railroad bridge on the Meremac? I assume it is privately owned but I was wondering if they might let us launch there for a small fee? Has any one ever approached them about using it?

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    It is privately owned Scott, I have a buddy that they let use it. I have never contacted them to ask however. It would be nice because as of the other day, Flamm is a sand bar.

3. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I was talking to the Mrs the other day and it would be nice if the MDC would install some more ramps and clean up or clean out he ones that exist, plus get a little sercurity around some of them. I hear they are still breaking in cars at the CB. We went by the maple island ramp yesterday evening and the launch pool is dry all the way out to the edge of the rip rap. No sign of the corp doing anything to clean it out either.

I wonder if our Prez might could cut a deal with the folks down at the Meremac...you know he is pretty slick at that talking bit...

4. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    I would definitely pay a fee to launch our boat if there was security since we use MY ride to pull the boat.

5. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is the other ramp in Arnold just off Jeffco, down the same road as the city park. It's a free public ramp, but it is real shallow on the Meramec right now.

There is also George Winter Park in fenton, never had any problem with break ins there, and George Winter park lake, gives you access right into the Meramec river. There is 2 ramps at George Winter Park. I put in my little Jon boat there Monday, and jug fished and R&R fished there for Cats. We ended up catching 5 good eating sized Cats, across the lake off the sand flats.

Both places close 1/2 hour after sunset though.:angry:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    That's the main reason I joined the Platin Boat Club.

Well, OK, I didn't join because I was worried about the security of your ride, I was worried about the security of my ride.:wink:

7. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Platin Rock in just so far for us to launch frequently. Not to mention the fact that we probably won't be here long enough to get much benefit from the initial cost. Altho, even the initial fee would be cheaper that our insurance deductible.

8. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Your such a nice guy Kutter...:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: Plattin Rock is a nice place but just to far from us to use every weekend..if we where a little closer I would definitelty be all over it....

9. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Do you have to repeat everything I say? Hmmmm, seems like I heard statement not too long ago.

10. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Great minds think a like...

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    With George Winter closing at sunset, it is not where I would choose. Also, even under normal water levels, there is no access to the Mississippi, only during high water. Boats of any size, like the Okies, might not make it out of the slew into the river now. I know my boat would have trouble now even.

That Jeffco ramp is not only steep, it goes dry even before Flamm City, doesn't it?

Not trying to put your ideas down, just for those of us that use area ramps to get to the Mississippi, they won't work very well.

12. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Hey Kutter why don't you put on your sunday go to meeting clothes and ease over to the folks that own the other ramp and sweet talk them into letting us use it.:big_smile: :big_smile: oh and wear your teeth...:smile2: :smile2:

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    You had me till the end there.:wink:

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I sure hope my boss doesn't get online an read all these posts I am making from home today.
    Cough, cough. Man, I still feel sick, boss.:wink:

15. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh, I didn't know they were wanting to get into the Mississippi. I must of missed that in their post. I for sure don't know a thing about their boat either...:embarassed:

16. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    At least you are at home....the damn Okie is doing it from work. See how hard he works at making me a living? He has no shame.

17. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I seen a cop patroling CB at the last tourny. I talked to Justin the other day and he said they are supposed to start patroling it hard and possibly put up cameras due to all the breakins. He said most of the breakins were in the day light hours between 4-8pm if I remember right. I have never had a problem over there.