Other fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Jighead07, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Jighead07

Jighead07 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    How many of you like to fish for other fish besides catfish. Cats are my favorite, but crappie are a distant second, followed by stripers and then any other fish that dares to sample my offering.

2. Jack Herber

Jack Herber New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    oooooh!!! You are opening a can of worms with this one. I have always been a contrary kind of guy so I always tend to fish for the oddballs. I always have a couple of cans of whole kernel corn in the boat if the cats aren't biting and the carp are surfacing. I also have a box of "rope lures" for gar for the same situation. I guess I tend to drift towards the larger fish. Growing up in Wisconsin, my go to fish was the northern pike.

3. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I fish for bream and shad all the time.....lol

I do carry other equipment, just recently made some gar lure because I seem to find them pretty often. I will drop down my hook size and fish for stripers on occasion, and every once and a while I go fishing on a glitter boat for green fish with my neighbor...but none of those are ever as fun or productive as catfishing.

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I fish for everything, except carp.

5. Jighead07

Jighead07 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Come on man , carp are a fun fight. Would you fish for carp if a client requested it ?:smile2:

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    NO. :big_smile:

7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    These are my fav. fish in order...:wink:
    Puddle

* CATS, at least once a week..
    * Drum " I dont fish for them but I catch a ton of them"
    * Blue Gills " eat then bait "
    * Small Mouth "Live Bait, for the fun of it"
    * Crappie
    * Skipjack, When they are around..and they havent been the last two years "TN River"
    * Stripers, a couple of times a year...

8. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Largemouth Bass are my second choice. Could be due to the fact that we have a killer bass pond on the farm.

Attached Files:

9. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Catfish is my favorite but I do fish for bream, stripper, crappie, trout, and carp. They are all fun!!!

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    If it swims I will give chase :wink: Bowfin, Carp, Gar, Cats, Bass, Stripers, it dont matter I am an equal opportunity fisherman........I guess thats why I have so much damned gear :confused2: This fall I am gearing up for my entry into the flyfishing world for stripers and who knows maybe I will parlay that into some trouting the rivers next year:roll_eyes: