OT: Lost/misplaced fishing License

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TOFTTnet Kami, Jul 30, 2009.

1. TOFTTnet Kami

TOFTTnet Kami New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Apparently, I lost/misplaced my fishing license. I was told I can just give my social if I get stopped. Anyone know if this is true? Tried to google it with no luck. Tried to find out how much a replacement is or if I can just go get another printed out. Not likely I get stopped, but I know the fine is steep if you don't have one at all and just don't want to risk it. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    you can just go to a place that sells fishing licenses and they can print you out a replacement for 2 bucks. Just bring the same info that you need to buy the license.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Yes it is true all you have to do is give a SSN an it will come back. My son lost his an was checked.

4. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I think whether or not you get fined for not having it on you is kinda up to the agent. I think they can go through the trouble of calling in your info but don't have to.

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    They can write you up for failure to present a license. Better to spend the 2 bucks.

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Would not even risk it !!! Get a replacement for it , It's alot chaeper than a fine.

7. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    If you have a Heritage card your MDC number is on the back or if you know your number. You can use that number for samething, might be better then handing out your SSN#. The replacement is 2 bucks and most Agents will let you slide ONCE before you get one. It's happened to a buddy of mine. We were Deer hunting and he lost his while out in the woods. He had no tranportation tag and no permit when he got his deer. We got checked by an Agent on the way out. We explained what had happened and he asked for my buddies MDC #. He went to his truck and looked it up on his computer. He told my buddy yes you have a valid permit, but you MUST get a replacement before you check in your deer. That was that and "have a nice" he said as he left.

8. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo

If You are talking about the same person I am thinking of I wouldnt want to get caught by her.