Osprey RVO

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by JReed, Feb 24, 2006.

1. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    I just got one of these, the RVO 600, This is the exact reel as the Roddy by Penn baitcaster. Man talk about a piece of junk. I threw it in the garbage can at one point then dug it back out a couple hours later. I am going to have to cut the levelwind off because it sticks really bad and jams the reel. What a waste. I normally use the Penn International baitcasters and the Garcia 6500. I figured I would try a cheaper reel this year to see how it would work, big mistake. I guess it's the old saying, "If it aint broke don't fix it" Looks like I will be saving my change to get a new Penn.

2. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Sorry about your bad luck Bro. Like the old saying: You get what you pay for. I've made the same mistake many times thinking I could save a few bucks by getting a cheaper copy of something & usually find out just why it's cheaper!

Better luck next time,
    Frank

3. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i won a roddy on a giveaway, and let me tell you, it was junk after not even using for a year of light light fishing maybe 10 times and nothing over 2lbs, the bearings are stripped and the gears have some teeth missing. grr. but then again it may just be that particuiar one i had.