Osceola fishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mo.Hick, May 1, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Well heading to Osceola tomorrow (Friday) to fish the osage with Adam1886. Havent found any bait yet though. Hope we can find some shad down there. If worse comes to worse will take my bow and shoot a carp and cut him up and us him. Hope the weather cooperates.

Tom

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Tom, normally you can get shad at the Osceola crows landing ramp. The back water slough there, it's normally shallow to get into but should be ok with the lake level high. Go to the back of the cove and along the right bank back in there and you should find some.

Good luck out there tomorrow.

3. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck Tom, let me know how you do. I am heading back that way in 5 weeks and that will be wear I am staying and fishing for the most part. Like Troy said, you can almost always find shad there in the cove.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks Guys. I do appreciate the info. No matter what it will be a good time. On cut carp I have done good on the Mo river in the past but no matter what I would rather have fresh shad.

Tom

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I forgot to ask does anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like Friday and Saturday at Osceola?

Tom

6. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Firday, possible Thunderstorms 70 and Satuday 59 and cloudy...