Osceola, AR report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Catter, May 5, 2006.

1. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Went out today and fished in the chute upstream from the ramp. Main bait was shad caught in the area there (close to bank and near dam). All fish were taken on shad, none on cut skippies. 14 total fish....3 channel, 1 bullhead, rest blues, biggest of which is in my avatar. :cool2: He gave me quite a scare on the $20 wallmart r&r i was using. :lol:

Very erratic biting, they would bit for maybe 5 min then it would be quiet for 30. All in all a great day to be on the water.

Joe

2. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Sounds like good day there ole Catter.

3. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Yea, it was pretty nice Roger. Weather was nice, not too hot or cold and no rain. lol

Hopefully we'll be done with the boat by the end of the month and we won't have to wrestle the toon anymore. :crazy:

You been doin any good? We're heading out to pickwick this morning, gonna take my bro-in-law and his brother over there to have some fun. :roll_eyes:

Joe

4. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    good post KEEP A CATCHEN thanks for info.l

5. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Well, Pickwick was slow for skippies guys. We only got about 30 or so. My buds had fun anyhow and with the raceboats above the dam racing with the choppers following them it was a pretty cool day. There were about 20 boats out and they opened up another generator about an hour before we left so i think they might get better this evening.

Joe

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Where were you trying for the skippies, Joe? Last year, rather than fighting all the boats that were up close to the dam, we found a great spot about a quarter mile downstream; we were even able to do great fishing from the bank there. If the generator closest to the bank is operating, it makes a current that runs right down the bank till it hits a little bitty point of land which causes it to angle away from the shore with a slack water area right below the point. We were fishing that current break.

7. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Hiya Jerry, thats where we were at. I just used the boat number to let everyone know how crowded it was there. On the bank there was plenty of room, maybe 5-7 at most. I seemed to have better luck standing on the tip of that itsy bitsy point and letting the jigs drift down after i cast then reeling straight up that current break. Current was great at the time we left, there were lots of gar rolling near the bank all day.

Joe

8. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Catter any reports from up your way?