Osborne Boat Landing fishing spot

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Dallison, May 17, 2008.

1. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I finally got off the pier but now I'm near the boat launch area. It's actually a nice diversion from people talking smack about your gear or getting a crossed line or worse a hook in the eye/face. (nobody cares what they hook). Alot of boats don't work when they get in the water. I've seen it "all" sadly, an entire family waiting for hours troubleshooting their boat at the launch. People drop their boats in tool out about a hundred yards come back.....say I gotta get that fixed. Yeah fishing from the bank does suck but when I see all these boats that can't make it out of the landing.......plus all the money that goes into a boat....these people need to get it together. I can't feel sorry for them.
    Hope it's not you.......
    because really .............

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I made the mistake of going out of Dutch Gap last Memorial Day weekend. That is an experience I will never put myself into again. I think if you've boated enough, you have seen something at the ramp that really makes you scratch your head. You observe the behavior, put it into your "don't ever do that" memory bank, and move on.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    The drunks that get close to fighting in front of their wives and children are the ones that make me scratch my head. I wonder where the Southern Expression "White Trash" comes from?

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    All and all the boat landing is nice, entertaining also. I love to fish there I just wish the fish would be a little more cooperative. I guess my point is if you are going to invest all the time, money, and energy into owning a boat you should at least maintain it to the point when you want to use it, it will run. Hell I can't get my lawnmower to work worth a crap but when I see some Super Huge boats not work, and I mean HUGE boats that cost a ton. I just wonder whats going on, they do cost alot of money I'm sure. If they can't keep it running maybe they should scale down to something they can keep working and not just show off in their driveways.later