Osage State Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Dsage, May 18, 2008.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Took the boat out yesterday to see what I could hook into. I had a great day out but nothing to show for it than 2 doz big shad. I pull up into one area, 2 young guys were packing up there camp site and leaving I just happened to look over when they pull up the biggest channel I have ever seen. It was huge. I asked them about it and they said that they caught it early that mormning and that accoring to there scale a berkely that it went 22lbs. I think that the scale was a tad off. I have seen alot of 20lb something flat heads this was a lot bigger. They caught it in a area that was full of spawning carp.

We did manage to hook in to 2 nice fish my dad had one nail his pole but by the time he got it out of the holder and went to set the hook it rolled on him and got off. Then as luck would have it hooked in another nice one on my ultra light pole that I was caching bait with. That on ran right for a clump of brush and then broke the line. All this was in about 2 foot of water and less. I will tell yo this there were some monster carp up in that area. A few lppked like sharks when the fin would come out of the water in the shallows. In all not a bad day found a new hole on the Dragoon that I need to hit a few more times.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Dan were you at Osage or Dragoon?

3. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I was at both. I hit Osage untill 2ish then run down to the Dragoon I left there about 5:45.