Osage State Lake does it again

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Dsage, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Well went out Saturday night on the lake for a few hours. This was going to be one of the last late night trips till spring. It was a slow night went to the Dragoon to get some shad but I guess they did not want to play, could not find any. So we headed of to the lake. Ended up getting about 2 dozen perch there and one huge shad. Biggest I have seen in a while. We went back to one of our spots to set up. Did not think that we were going to fish long due to the wind blowing so much it was a mess on the lake. About 7 we were set up and had all the poles out. Did not have a single bite till around 8:15 or so. I did get one to he boat around 8:30 a nice little 4lber. I had 3 poles out at that time with perch on them and not as much as a bit. Then we remembered that we had some rozen shad from 2 months back. I pulled in the poles and on went the shad. I had 2 poles out with Katbobber and the 3rd on botom. The wind at this point was really picking up. The Katbobbers were basically drifting with the wind. I got a little hit with the one on bottom and then on of the Katbobber poles acted like a Mac truck hit it. I got to the pole and started the fight. The fish ran better than any that I have caught in the last few years. He was all over the place. Finally got him to the boat to find one of those nice health OSL Channels on the other end. Took some pics and off he went. Just like all the other nights on the lake after that we did not get another bite and we sat there 3 more hours.

Attached Files:

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    And the send off

Attached Files:

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats Dan, on another Osage beast. Great release pic too!

4. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Handsome critter! Butt-ugly Fisherman! Well told story, worth reading!
    This is joining my cliche' collection, EVERBODY will get this email when
    bragging about their latest conquest. Good Release! CPR!!!

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good goin Dan. Great pics.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    congrats on some great looking fish! keep us updated on future trips

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nice cat Dan.I think that's the one that hit my pole two weeks ago..Hee!Hee!

8. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

Tom I'll tell you this I have never had a fish hit that hard before, It shocked me for a second.

9. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Really Nice Channel There Dan, Thanks For The Pics And The Story. Gotta Love Those Katbobbers.

10. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Great channel cat!

11. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

I use one almost evertime I go out now. It really brings a different style to fishing. Its nice t be able to float big bait at any depth you want.

12. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    It Seems I Have One On Everytrip Too. I Like The 3" The Best So Far.

13. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Shelby that is the one that I have been using the most too. I did drop down to the 2 inch one and down sized the perch. I have a few in each size all but the 5" ones. I love the FatKats to I have hung some big bait under them this year.

14. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    For Katbobbers and FatKats, of course. I'm starting to fish floats more and
    have been using Billy Bobbers I found at Wally World. I'd like some more
    choices to peruse.

15. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Dan great looking fish there, congrate's!!!

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nothing better than a big hit.

You have put in your time this yr at Osage and it has paid off.There are some nice fish in there and you about caught the state record channel this year from there.
    I been fishing that lake off and on for over 30yrs and have caught some very good fish from there but nothing like you have been catching this yr.

Your the man of Osage thats for sure.

And Dan thanks for the CPR of all those fish.Not many would of done it that way.

17. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    You did it agian man. Osage is a great lake for cats and I hope they stop running tournys out of it.

18. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Actually a month or so ago I ran in to a Warden at the lake. He said he was not to up on it either. He gave me a name of a guy to talk to if I wanted to. He said he drops in here and looks around from time to time. Real nice guy hope that he reads the posts and jumps in.

19. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

I have CPR just about everything I have ever caught. Not a real big fish eater just love catching them. I hope that the lake continues to be good to me. I have a few things I want to try to do to get hooked in to some of those flatheads in the lake before it get to cold. The sad thing is the last few time I have been there I have seen more and more Cats floating and some were nice one.

20. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    The Bobbers We Are Talking About Are Actually A Sponsor Here Michael, Here Are A Couple Of Links:

The First Is A Link Directly To The Katbobbers.
    http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/katbob.htm

Don't Forget The Glowsticks If You Fish At Night. These Are The One's That Kyle Used At Tuttle This Year

http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/glowstick.htm

This Link Is For A Couple Of Pics That Good Ole Gene Uploaded Of Dan's Fish Eariler This Year. 32 Pounds Just Incase You Missed It. Scroll All The Way To The Bottom Of The Page.

http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/testimonials.htm

And The Last Link Is The Thread Section Here On The BOC.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=288