Osage river

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by mspratt, Jun 5, 2006.

1. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Wantin to know,,,,,is the osage boatable from the mouth at the MO river to the damm? Been up it only a mile or so,when I came by 5 or 6 years ago on a river trip from ST JOE MO to ST LOUIS. I've always wanted to jet boat and fish that river.....Thanks ...ur humble servant beartrap and buoy,,,:0a21:

2. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    SO no one know's:sad_2a:

3. meat_hunter

meat_hunter New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    it doesnt appear that way. wish i could help but i have no clue.

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I've put in at one of the ramps 1-3 miles from the mouth and was going to head to the Missouri, but ran into very shallow water, so I turned right back around. It's been a couple of years, but I'm sure it was in the summer and the water was probably low. Last year fished there one time in the summer, anchored in a feeder creek overnight, and when we woke up the next morning the river was about 6ft lower than when we put in. Trashed my prop trying to get to the boat ramp.

5. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I have had my boat on the Osage twice in between Bagnall Dam and 'the Ramp' (first ramp downstream.)
    Both times the depths varied between 3' and 9'. Needless to say I was quite worried about my fiberglass boat.
    It all depends on how much water they were running. They seemed to change the flow rate about every 15-30 minutes.

Fastman

6. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All I know is it does vary a lot, depending on the Missouri's stage and Ameren UE's plan of the hour. A jet boat would be the way to find out, however. It's been a long time since I was on that stretch, but I don't remember any areas where there was NO water. A lot of shallow shoals and holes is what I remember.