Osage River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Gordhawk, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Does anyone fish the Osage River down around the LOZ? I have a friend that lives around Camdenton and he tells me the fishing is pretty good on the Osage down around there. Next time I come down to see him I would like to try fishing the Osage if I can get some information from someone who fishes down around there. My buddy is a bass fisherman so therefore he doesn't know anything about fishing the Osage,he has just heard that it is good for catching catfish. Can any of you local fishermen down in this area help me out? Any information good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Thanking You in advance.

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    thats big open water around that area and many marinas and docks , so durring daytime hours you will have alot of boat traffic and huge waves from large boats so be carefull !!!!

i would fish it late night and spider rig with live bait around points .

also if its windy and you have the knowledge how to drift fish with a drift sock that would be a good way to produce cats also .

your in big blue cat country if ya can get set up on them :wink: lots of deep structure down that way so bring plenty of anchor rope if ya want to stay on 1 spot for awhile ..

i would hit the local bait shops and see what they share on where to get bait and what depths of water the local guys have been doing the best at .

good luck !!!!!! and be safe ,, lots of parting and drinking goes on out of boats in that area ...

points and flats close to the channel should produce for ya ..

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks,for the info Scott. You got that right about the boat traffic down where he lives at. Is that the Osage River around Camdenton? I thought he told me he lives either on the little niangua or big niangua arm of the LOZ,does that sound right? How close do you live to Camdenton?

4. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    are you below bagnell dam or above it in the lake ????

i fish warsaw area

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    private message sent to ya glen give me a call if ya wanna

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

yes you will be right ontop of the niangua that feeds into LOZ ..

as close as you will be to bagnel dam i would fish below the dam in the osage river , they have been letting out water for months and the fish shouldl be stacked up below the dam and you wont have to travel far at all from the boat ramp lol just drop anchor and reel them in :wink:

if you go down river very far watch your depth finder close it gets very shallow in spots ..

good luck

7. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    thanks for the advise. im going to try it myself , soon

8. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    take a cast net with you, and stock up on shad right below bagnell dam. you'll have all the bait you can carry.

9. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I was down below bagnell last friday and you could catch all the eater sized cats you wanted on cut shad. We fished one spot and caught 20 in just a few hours.