Osage City Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by OsageCountyCatman, May 27, 2006.

1. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    Anyone other than me fished here?

2. jBo

jBo New Member

State:
    kansas
    I've fished it. Good channel fishing on the south side when the water's moving. I've had luck on the north side, west of the wooden dock at the end of the trail. The steel bridge (8th hole on the golf course) is a natural funnel for flats who are heading to the southern shallows to feed. 8pm & 4am, or so I've heard. If you're fishing the bridge, you'll likely bump into "Brownie" (Steve Brown), who lives just west of the highway. He knows the flatheads in the lake like the back of his hand, and if asked, will offer some good advice.

3. OsageCountyCatman

State:
    Osage City, KS
    I was out there Friday night, got 6 channels under the length limit. Sunday I was out there on the South end toward K170 and got one under the length limit.

I did watch a LARGE channel feeding about 25 feet offshore, with his tail literally out of the water for long periods of time while he was head down feeding on the bottom. Nearly had him once on nightcrawlers but didnt hook him.

4. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    last year me and cathunter1979 went out there i love it such a nice lake we fished off the dock and did great this year plan alot of trips there

5. OsageCountyCatman

State:
    Osage City, KS
    I've been getting ready for my week's vacation in a few weeks by cast netting threadfin shad under the dam. I usually come home with a dozen or so 6-8inch shad. I've got 20 cut up and another 14 whole in my bait freezer/beer fridge.

They must be good, buddy of mine used some Sunday night to catch a #21 channel off the dock, took his photo and let it go.

6. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    planning to go up there sat at the dock if ur not doing anything should come up ill be there all night

7. OsageCountyCatman

State:
    Osage City, KS
    I may just do that!!

I've literally filled my fridge full of fillets from this morning's haul of channels and flats but need a few more for the fry on Tuesday!

8. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    sry wanst there my friend stood me up so i just fished at my normal spot at gardner hit me up on a im maybe we can go on a trip

9. OsageCountyCatman

State:
    Osage City, KS
    You didn't miss much. I was out there from 8-12. There were 2 boats on the lake and a couple bank fishermen including me. One of the boats got one keeper and everyone else was skunked. couldn't get a bite tossing chum off the dock.

The fish feeder closest to the boat ramp went off at 11:00 the nest one down went off 15 minutes later.

City cops are watching the lake closely. Apparently someone got to bragging about him and his buddy boating 20 cats one night. Since the lake limit is 2 each it got the attention of the local gendarmes.

10. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    well if they throw them back its ok right ? as long as the fish dont leave the lake.

11. OsageCountyCatman

State:
    Osage City, KS
    Yeah, except they went in the freezer. We've got a few choice individuals who think the limits don't apply to them. They're still talking about the guy who got busted for being tied off to one of the feeders netting cats as the feeders went off. That happened a couple years ago.