osage beach drift fishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by illinoiscatfish, Aug 8, 2009.

1. illinoiscatfish

illinoiscatfish New Member

State:
    illinois
    i will be down at the ozarks in a few weeks and am wondering where a good spot i can drift fish for blues around the osage beach area. any tips and tricks will help with any type of catfishing at the ozarks also thanks :wink:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Craig Welcome to the BOC. I can't answer your question, but there will be someone on here that can give you the info you request.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Around Osage Beach? In the summertime? I don't think so... That's big cruiser country down there, especially on the weekends. Weekdays maybe not so bad but still something to reckon with.

Your best bet is to buy a map of the lake and look for flats or humps that are around 15 to 25 ft deep with deeper water nearby and drift over those humps. Fresh caught cut shad chunks for bait and you should catch a few.

If you can haul your boat up to around the 65 or 75 mile marker on the Osage, there's a lot more drifting spots to be found and typically fewer huge boats.

And if you want to bring your boat on up to Warsaw (about an hour from Osage Beach), you can be drifting on Truman Lake with very few other boats to worry about.

You might also think about booking a trip with a catfish guide - PM me if you're interested and I'll send you a name and phone number...

4. illinoiscatfish

illinoiscatfish New Member

State:
    illinois
    well im going on vacation down there and ill be staying at my dads condo at parkview bay. i know its pretty busy ill be there the week after labor day so hopefully it will calm down a bit. i had luck back in coves last year so i might try that. our boat is in the water so id have to drive it up the lake to those spots. ill have to stop in a few bait shops and shoot the shit with them and see also.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009