osage beach area

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by illinoiscatfish, Aug 23, 2009.

1. illinoiscatfish

illinoiscatfish New Member

State:
    illinois
    i will be down there in a couple of weeks and just wanting to know if anyone is catching any blues around the osage beach area, if so whats the bait they are prefering????:big_smile:

2. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    We caught a channel cat. Othr than that we fished for a total of 14 hours probably in the dead channel below for 6 hours and caught zip zero nadda. People next to us were catching them blues left and right on shad.

3. illinoiscatfish

illinoiscatfish New Member

State:
    illinois
    ok im back and it was a blast. i caught 34 keeper cats while i was there. i started fishing with 15 jugs baited with small live shad. i got so busy with the 15 i had to pull some and only fished with 6. the channel fishing down there is awsome. now the people saying the fishing sucks around osage beach cause of all the boat traffic is wrong, if there wasnt a boat going by i wasnt gittin any fish it was wierd. i kept hoping boats would go flying by my jugs cause it seemed like they all would get bit when they did. if u ever get a chance to get down there fish between the bank and the middle of coves at 6 feet under your jug and wait for the boats to go by, "u will have a fish on in no time believe me try it". oh and also the bass fishing is awsome on buzzbaits in the early morning and sundown. i caught a 6 pound largemouth the second day i was there, the biggest i have ever caught. oh and if u got any questions on catfishing the osage beach area hollar at me and ill help ya out :wink::big_smile::cool2: