Osage arm on Truman

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I am going to Osceola to fish the osage arm of Truman next Friday 5-2. Does anyone know the if the water is high at this time and what condition it is? I plan on fishing for crappie and cats. Hopefully the big blues will be bitting.

Tom

2. insanedrifter

insanedrifter New Member

State:
    missouri

3. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's about the only place I fish. We've had some moderate success with the high waters. We usually catch our limit of blues with in a few hours....usually 5-10 lbs each. An occasional hawg tho....I've seen two in the 30's caught in the last 3 weeks. All on small shad heads...Good luck and if you wanna know anything else just ask.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
  5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Where have you been catching your shad? I have tow throw nets. Having a hard time catching around home here.

Tom

6. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Around boat ramps @ Osceola, usually a good place. or coves close by.just watch fishfinder and see them fliping, big ones is usually on bottom.
    Jim

7. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    To be honest, last weekend nobody could find the shad...we threw for over an hour and barely ended up with enough to fish with...very spotty But like someone said before, right around the boat ramps are usually on the money..if you put in right there in Osceola you can usually find them down around that little walking bridge...I'm sure it will pick up though....I'm heading up to Osceola tomorrow, I'll let you guys know how we do.

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks for the info.

Tom

9. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Tom Their was a 51+ caught yesterday.sat. @ mouth of Sac area, and a 32 below Osecola, 32 was cught on cut shad. not sure on 51. friend of mine caught 32 and he seen the 51. so accurate report.
    Jim

10. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wish I could have been catching those fish LOL! I was up there all day yesterday. We caught 8 eaters, (I say we...we had five in our boat...the same person caught all 8 fish). I lost a pretty good one about 1 pm down around osceola, it about yanked my pole right out of my hands...oh well. Hope everyone else had better luck than I did...
    See ya

11. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Maybe you need to put some stick-em on you hands so you dont loose your rod and reel:smile2:. I just hope we catch some fish. The last time I fished down there was about 10 years ago. I got into shooting a lot of archery tournaments for about the last 5 years. Now getting back into what I grew up doing and really enjoy.

Tom

12. katcaller

katcaller New Member

State:
    in
    I hear that Tom. I grew up on creeks and ponds here in Southern Indiana. Somehow I got away from fishing. Since I retired I have re-found myself and really become interested in going after big cats. My favorite area of Truman is the Talley Bend section. Good luck on your trip.

13. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tom, Where are you planning on putting in at? There's a couple of real good spots right around Osceola. If you want to know more just pm me.

14. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Jon we are putting in on east side of 13 hwy. I sent you a pm.

Tom