Orlando area help

Discussion in 'FLORIDA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by laidbck111, Sep 4, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Hey guys. I am going to be down your way at the end of September and was curios if the was any decent catfishing in the area? I will be bank fishing since I am only coming down for 6 days there and then onto a cruise. If you have any info please let me know, I am bass fishing with a guide and then doing a little surf fishing but catfish would be great.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Ok guys I just need advice on a place. I was thinking Toho are another near by lake to get a little catfishing in. Anyone have any experience's around there?

3. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    benji my mom livesin orlando and they fish in the st johns river near stanford just an idea.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks buddy I will have to look that one up. This will be my first trip down to Orlando.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    It's Sanford, not Stanford, and the St Johns is a good size river there. I did a year at Seminole Community College there in Sanford.

There used to be a river boat cruise you could go on, but I think they moved it to Ms and made a gambling boat out of it. You could see what the old Florida was like from that boat.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks Bobpaul. I got on google earth and located a couple of nice looking joles on Toho but it looks like I will be doing more bass fishing than catfishing. Oh well it's the right time of year for a big fat bass maybe break my pb and hook into a 13 pounder, lol

7. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Orlando is only about an hour abd a half away from dunnellon where i live . we have a good size river here if you want you can slide over this way befor the boat leaves and you can go out with me. I fish that river got a couple of blues out of there but you know the way rivers are sometimes you get them and sometimes you dont even get a bite. But your more than welcome to come fish with me and its on me. i,ll catch the gills for it. PM me and let me know and i,ll pm you and shoot you my phone number

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Hey buddy thanks for the offer, but the misses had a surprise for me. I sent you a pm explaining.

9. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
  10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks shuorc, that was a helpful link.