Orionid meteors these nights.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by JAinSC, Oct 20, 2006.

1. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The orionid meteors are supposed to have started a couple of days ago and they'll run for a couple more days, after midnight each night (I think). With the new moon a copuple of days off, it would be a great to be on the water.

I'm going to load up and head out right now.

2. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the update. These are some of the things that really make a good night. My last late night trip I counted 3 Shooting stars. I hadnt seen one in years and then saw 3 in one night about 2 months ago.

3. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Thanks for the reminder, I'm going out tomorow night, hopefully I can catch the tail end of that shower. Its awesome when you get icing on the cake like a meteor shower.

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    They were pretty good Friday night from about 11PM on. Some went a good ways accross the sky, but none were super bright. They sure were the nice "icing" on a good night. (I'll post a report on the fishing in the flathead section.)

I saw some last November (I think Sal said they were the Leonids) that were absolutely spectacular.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i saw some saturday night here. really picked up around midnight or at least thats when i started seeing the most. i thought they was shooting stars until i read this post and i guess they are for the most part. dont know that much about them. just something else that makes for a great night on the water. thanks for the information

6. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    John,
    Yesterday morning the wife were setting out on the front porch having coffee at 4:30 in the morning and seen three go over in just a short time. I would would give anything if I could be out their night fishing again but I am afraid to try it anymore, Anyone that has not been out on the water night fishing all night just has no idea what they are missing. It is so still and peaceful and looks like you can just reach up and touch the stars. John, you have a good trip, catch a lot of fish and think of me and the one's that can't bee out their enjoying it with you.
    catfish slick