Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Oregon

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  harrisdonnie2000 
#1 ·
Any catfishermen in Oregon?

#5 ·
I grew up in Oregon but mostly fished for trout and bass however I do believe there are some channel and flatheads there somewhere. I have been trying to figure that out myself. I have done a little bit of sturgeon fishing up by Klamath Falls where I grew up. Some pretty big ones come out of there.

#6 ·
Head North to United Junction, turn right off of hwy 30, cross Multnomah Channel (good fishing too) to Sauvie Island. The Gilbert River is full of channels also. A few years ago a 20lb channel was caught and made the Oregonian with a picture of the lady that caught it. The tide has a great affect on both the Gilbert and the Channel. That's hard to believe this far from the coast but it's true. There is a big lake on the island too but I have never fished it. I'm still getting some nice fish out of the Columbia too, but you'll earn every one you catch. The Willamette used to be good also but as you know it's to poluted to fish now. I'm sure there must be a lot more lakes that support catfish close by other than Hagg Lake. It's terrible. You can't miss even if you just use worms on the Island. 1lb-3lbers. all day early evening. Not much pressure on these fish yet.
Don

To the world you may be just a person, but to a person you may be the world.

#7 ·
Lil Hooker said:
any of you guys up in oregon target sturgeon thinking of heading up there in june maybe.
Make it the second week in June, Hire a guide that furnishes everything(including lunch)for a day ( $125. - $200. per person) 4-5 max people for a full boat. Buy a one-three day sturgeon permit. Bring the strongest pair of arms you know and a video recorder for blackmail. Fish the great Columbia River, you won't be sorry. Makes my arms hurt telling you...Bad Fish!:crying:
Don

#10 ·
The big Sturgeon are heading this way right now. They will get stacked up here in the next two..three weeks. Several of my local guide friends are booked up solid for the next three weeks. Looks like it's going to be a great season for the big boys again this year. I hope you all get a chance at one of these monsters.
Don

#12 ·
I'll be waiting on you Ben. If I'm not here, this will tell you all there is to know about me:

I AM A FISHERMAN FOR LIFE

I WILL ALWAYS BE A FISHERMAN
IT'S NOT SOMETHING I DO--IT IS WHO I AM

FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE
IT'S WHERE I BELONG--WHERE I'M SUPPOSED TO BE

IT IS NOT A PLACE
BUT A LIFE LONG JOURNEY!!

IT IS A PASSAGE MY GRANDFATHER TAUGHT ME
THAT I WILL CONTINUE TO TEACH OTHERS!!

WHEN YOU UNDERSTAND ALL OF THIS,
YOU WILL KNOW ME...AND WE WILL FISH TOGETHER!!

I try to live my life exactly as stated. I would welcome the oppertunity to fish with you.
Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.