Ordered a new boat yesterday

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Trophy Hunter, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I ordered a Carolina Skiff yesterday (1780DLX). I needed to upsize from my 17' basstracker to be able to fish with my three sons comfortably. Does anyone have pictures of rail mounted rod holders that they like using on their rigs? I think my rails will be 1". Any help is appreciated!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

congrats on the new boat. different rod holders have different bases available you can order what you need to fit your rails. I keep reading good things about bee ready holders and drift master.

3. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    congrats on the new boat mark,i'm sure the boys will help their dad break it in right

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    They're pricey but good and will hold the rods you need for big fish. I'm talking about the chrome plated ones with bolts in the clamps, adjustable to any angle.

5. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Congratulations on the new boat! i know you will have a lot of fun and memories in it. I have heard a lot of good things about driftmaster although I haven't personally used them myself. Please let us know what you decide on and what you think about them after you had a chance to try them out. Here's to tight lines and hard pulls!
    :cool2:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on the new boat brother, I hope you get a ton of slime on that new ride.

7. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Mark, Cograts on the new boat. I would go with the driftmaster rod holders. A friend of mine that is a guide has a skiff and that is what he uses...

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Check out the BeeReady's That Tim Hagan (A GREAT Sponsor here) has
    http://stores.ebay.com/Tim-Hagan-Outdoors
    PM him for Discount Info..
    With his Guide service, they get used quite a bit and he likes them very much..

9. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the input. I will take delivery in 2-3 weeks and I was hoping to have some of the basics ready.

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Enjoy the new boat Mark. I have the round rail on my boat also and use the Bee Ready rod holders. Got them off Tim Hagen and he does give a very good discount to BOC members. I had narrowed it down to between useing either the Driftmasters or the Bee Readys. One of the main reasons I chose the Bee Readys is there low profile. I think there great and would recomend them to anyone. Best of luck to you with the new rig!

11. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    Congrats on the new boat. It will be a great ride that you and your boys will love.

12. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have a 1720 Key West centerconsole and use the Driftmaster clamp-on-rail rod holder bases. They come in 2 sizes 7/8 and one inch for rails. I use the half inch by 7/8 for my rails cause the half inch thread are beefier rod holders. I use Driftmaster cause they are strong and rubber coated, keeps a nonslip grip on your rod. Congrats on your new boat, I was wondering what you ordered to power it.

13. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    2 stroke 70 Yamaha

14. Catfish_addiction

Catfish_addiction New Member

State:
    Texas
    When or if I ever get my new Boat I'll be using them dang ol Beeready rod holders. Congrats on the new boat, I'm sure your going to love it. Carolina skiff is one of choices in my line up, Don't forget to give us a report on the new boat.

Good luck and be safe,
    Michael

15. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    Congrats on your new boat

16. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congradulations on the new boat, hope you and the kids enjoy for a long time. Jack.

17. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm SOoooooo envious of your new boat. I have the J-16 Carolina Skiff and love the boat 'ceptin it aint big enough. I'd love to have the 19 footer myself. Congrats on your new boat. You gonna love it!