ordered a new barrel for my encore

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Paraguayguy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just had to have one of the new fluted 28 inch 50 caliber barrels from Thompson.

The new Endeavor barrels have a new breech plug you can hand turn a 1/4 turn and remove. Its as easy as cleaning a single shot shotgun. I put a leupold vari II 3 x 9 scope on it. Shoots straight and I love it.

I tried the new 777 powder after using pyrodex for years. Easy clean up! and easy loading between shots.

I know I am going to catch grief from the traditionalist but what the hey. State of VA says shoot lots of deer anyway you can so I help out as often as possible.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on the new purchase

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i just got an encore a few months ago. i got a 30.06 barrel on it, but need to order a 50 cal. before oct. gets here. glad to hear yours shoots so good. i have never tried the 777.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I love my Encore, watch out though, buying barrels is addicting. Some how or another, I have accumulated a few barrels, 308, 243, 300 whisper, 209 x 50 magnum. Now I am dieing to get a 204 ruger barrel. I work in South America. One of my Rancher pals in Argentina has Red Stag on his place. They look like our Elk. I am going to hunt on him next March when Red Deer are rutting, (South of the equator, its fall then). I am taking my 308 barrel and the 50. I want to use the 50.

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    the last couple of years i have been shooting a lot of my deer with the muzzleloader. i hope my new gun case will hold all my barrels. we move to west texas for deer season and live in the RV. that is why i went to the encore. hopefully one gun case with all the barrels will be enough to hunt everything.