OR Ramp updates

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ok folks, I know Tbull had probs finding an open ramp this weekend, but this Thursday-Sunday are looking to be in the mid 40's or maybe higher down south so if your out this week and pass one of the ramps from Neville to Aurora, let us know if its open.
    If weather actually is what they are saying, there should be quite a crowd out. Been too long and the shack nasties are in full gear. Lets hope the snow melt doesnt trash the water levels..... :eek:oooh:

Salmonid

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Here is an update for you as of yesterday:

Tanners: parking lot not even touched and the creek is frozen

Aurora: Not even touched

Rising Son: Snow plowed on to ramp

Licking: not even touched, water frozen it front of ramp

Cincinnati (public landing): Water was to high and closed

Schmitt: Closed

Riverside: Closed

9 mile: Don't even try

New Richmond: Probably ok by now

Neville: Water to high

Ripley: Fine

Aberdeen: Unknown, probably ok by now

3. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Looked at the neville ramp today. Snow on the Ramp but should be fine if you drive a chevy. LOL There was actually someone fishing out of there today. Pulling with one of those old woody lookin jeeps. Old cherokee or something. After today that ramp should be fine. swept in there to check it out on my way to get skippies at Meldahl. That one will prolly be full this weekend though. Sauger fisherman at meldahl are thick this time of year.

4. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    How about the skips, were they there?

5. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    I was in aberdeen at the discarge saturday and they were not there, but i think aberdeen ramp or ripley ramp might be open i seen a few boats out on my way back.

6. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hell man, I wish I knew!!! Went yesterday to the ohio side of meldahl and the water was up in the trees. Unfishable!! Decided to try my luck on the ky side. No luck either!!! Today went to aberdeen. NOTHING!!! I really don't have much luck catchin skips when the water is dirty. A little stained isnt to bad but its like chocolate milk!!!

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Robin you look like your about 12 in that avatar! LMAO!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    More snow on top of old snow and overnight low's near 0 the next couple of days may make for an interesting ramp outlook...:sad2:

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My buddy in Montgomery said he had 7" so far this afternoon, Im a mere 30 miles away ( straight North) and we didnt get anything, not even a dusting... Thats Ohio weather for ya....:eek:oooh:

Salmonid

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We got about 6 to 7 here in Batavia....getting sick of this crap. Hopefully the ramps will clear for you guys by the weekend. Were are heading to the Ky river and Louisville, but the day to fish in Cincy definatley looks good for saturday. River looks to be steady and then on a slight rise. Thats definatley the day to go get the blues in the cincinnati area.

11. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    That shadow hides his ever growing double chin !!

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hoping to head out of Tanners on Sunday so if anyone is out that away...let me know if its open... may be 4 of us in 2 boats so if anyone else is interested, send me a PM
    Thanks guys

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I know sman and misterwhisker should be out that way on Monday.We're leaving in the morning for louisville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    I didnt realize I was gettin beat up by everyone on this thread. The reason I look like im 12 is because MY FISH IS SO BIG!!!! LOL:smile2:
    As for the double chin............................ Well your right.

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'd like to know if you get in at Tanners on Sunday. Planning on going there on Monday.

16. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Skip, had a buddy confirm Tanners is still locked up tight as of a few hours ago ( Friday PM) It may be ok by Monday, just depends how much rain we get, BTW, now I am trying to find out if the Downtown ramp is open?
    Ill make some calls tomorrow if no one replies. ( we are headed down Sunday am) Look for a ramp report Sunday PM

Salmonid

17. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'm going to try Ripley again on Sunday ,hopefully with different results than last time. I heard you all got some day weather down that way on Tuesday night, is that going to be a problem other than the river being up.

18. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    I live about 15 mins from downtown cincy, I will be checking the ramps today riverside, scmidt, public landing. I will post results as soon as i get back. I will be out there sunday am too, and on monday am

19. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    Didnt get to check the cincy area ramps but all should be open, i will be putting in at riverside sunday around 8am. hopefully it wont be as windy as it was today!! Hope to see some Catters on the river tomorrow FISH ON!!!

20. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    Tried to put in at Riverside today but it was closed been closed since november i heard but public landing should be open, Anyway couldnt even put in today to much debris in the water boy was i heart broke it was a perfect day good weather and decent current. But the river was TRASHED. Oh well theres always next time!