OR last night!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by JKeeney20, Jul 24, 2009.

1. JKeeney20

JKeeney20 New Member

State:
    Lucasville, Ohio
    Went out agian last night! Seems the fish are starting to get better finally. Been catching more each night out. Caught 6 total last night. 4 channels and 2 blues. Most were around 3-5lb range, but did manage one 20lb blue. 5 fish came on fresh cut shad and 1 came on live shad. Frozen didn't get a bite. Still can't seem to get a flattie to hit, should start anytime I hope.

P.S.
    Don't get to far down river when it gets foggy...took me 2 1/2 hrs to get back, when it took me 15min to get there. Had to hug the bank and go about 1mph, didn't really want to meet a barge. Not fun at all. :(

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    good report my man keep rippin em one of the countless days will pay off for a nice flatt catt

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Pretty good night you had. Man, I know what you mean about the fog. Seems it rolls in before you even know it, and couple the fog with the barges and you definantly have a witches brew. Best to not let the shoreline out of site in a case like that.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Glad u caught some fish man, we will be heading out tommorow night...:roll_eyes:

5. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I'm glad to hear that the bite is picking up. Thinking about heading that way Sunday afternoon, for some night fishing. I sleep on my boat, if I sleep at all, because it's way to far to drive back home in the later/early hours. :)

6. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Ya hes going out with out me!!! not fair. but is ok hopefully i get my boat out tomorrow. not ready to fish with it yet still need some stuff but i might be able to take it out and see how it runs

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats there Josh on the catch an a very good night out.

8. JKeeney20

JKeeney20 New Member

State:
    Lucasville, Ohio
    Went out again last night with even better news. Finally the flatties are starting to bite. Caught 6 fish last night in about an hour, was fast action until i had to outrun the storm back up river. Good news agian, 2 were flatheads....12 lber and 8 lber. Rest were smaller channels and blues. The big guys(or girls) should start hitting anytime. Caught the 2 flatties on fresh cut shad heads. The shad caught all the fish, had live gills out as well, no bites at all on them. Get out there, it heating up!