Optics

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by Chris, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Has anybody ever used a spotting scope? I like the Leupold but I don't want to pay the price for one, any other suggestion? I would like to get a good quailty scope but I don't want to pay anything over 100.00.

Thanks
    chris

2. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I have a bushnell that I paid around hundred dollars for. Works great. 18 to 36 power zoom. I mounted mine on a 2'-6' adjustable tripod. I can carry it with no trouble and can set it up on any terrain.

3. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

State:
    IL
    If the budget is king on this purchase I'd keep in mind a few things.
    1. The shaking/weak tripod will make evena Zeiss useless
    2. You'll see more out of a high quality 20X than you will a so-so 36X

I'm not up on the prices of these things so I can't suggest particular models, sorry.

4. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    get the best you can afford or stay with bino

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You might take a look at Tasco Chris I have two tasco riflescopes and i love em i do know that thier quality /price is respectible hope this helps

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I think a lot of it has to do with how much time you spend at the range.
    You can use binocs for the same purpose, unless you shoot a lot over 100 yards range. Thats where the real advantage comes in. But for under hundred yards, invest in a multipurpose unit. I shoot mostly 25yrd pistol so I just use my hunting binoculars for that. But I see a lot of Winchester, nice aluminum cased units at the range where I shoot. The fellas said they were just a little over $100 and good quality. And when I sight in every season there is always a fella willing and tickled to spot for me with his unit. Good "ice breaker" and really good way to meet and learn from shooters more experienced than me. Just a poor boy talking.

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know this was a post from last year, but hunting season is coming up. If you'll shop around on ebay, you can find some good spotting scopes for under a hundred bucks. I just got a burris 12-24 zoom for 70 bucks! If you haven't looked at burris optics before, they're in line with leupold and nikon.