Opossum Lake - Wife's First Catfishing Trip

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by trackeryak, Aug 4, 2006.

1. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    Took my wife Thursday night for her first catfishing trip. We waited for the heat to subside a little and we fished from 8 pm to 11 pm. Fishing was pretty dang slow but we still managed to catch 13 bullheads. Kept 9 and put 4 little guys back to grow up.

We used raw shrimp for all of them. Kim did great. She needs to work on her hookset (this ain't crappie fishing, LOL) but otherwise she did great and had a lot of fun. She also managed to capture the crown as turtle queen with two big snapping turtles that ate her shrimp.

We're on vacation through next Tuesday and she asked me if I would take her back out to Opossum Lake again towards the end of the week for more catfishing. So she must have had fun!

Tim

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Yes sounds like you have found you a fishing buddy! That is a good thing.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

your a lucky man congrats on finding a new fishing partner

4. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    got a new fishing buddy, GREAT

5. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    I'm happy my wife had fun. She will usually go with me but takes a book to read before dark and then we usually sit and talk while I fish after dark. I'll take her fishing anytime!

6. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    I took my wife back out to Opossum Lake Saturday evening from 7 to 10 pm. We caught 25 catties. Kim caught most of them. She also caught 2 big gills, biggest was 11 inches. Kim caught 2 bass too about 14 inches and one little snapping turtle. She had fun again and showed me up big time! Of course I was busy baiting her hook and taking her fish off, LOL. Everything was caught on raw shrimp.

7. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    thats great awesome you're sharing the sport

8. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Where is opossum Lake????

9. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    Opossum Lake is a small, 50 something acre lake outside of Carlisle Pa in Cumberland County.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Congrats!! Took my wife on her first cattin trip this year too!

11. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Way to go Tim, it's nice to have your wife as a fishin buddy. 25 year's ago my wife went with me a lot,even down on the beach fishin for Flounder's. She was really good at Bass fishin. When her father pased away she lost interest in it.