Opossum Lake Aug 19

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by trackeryak, Aug 19, 2006.

1. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    Kim asked me to take her catfishing again this evening at Opossum Lake. We fished from 7 pm until 9:15 pm when it started to rain. We caught 17 catfish. I had 11 and she had 6. She was up 6 to 2 when I went on a hot streak. I also caught a 14 inch largemouth and 5 turtles including 3 big dudes. Biggest two turtles were the size of garbage can lids and mean as heck when they hit the bank.

We used raw shrimp again tonight. Beautiful evening to be out!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Do you still have all 9 fingers? lol. congrats on the catch, sounds like you and the misses had a good time.

3. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    I still have all of my fingers. I get as close to them as I can and cut the line as close to their mouth as possible (usually about a foot away or so). I hate to leave the hooks/line in the turtles but I'd hate to lose a finger even more! LOL.

4. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Tim the next time you get your finger in it's mouth try this. Instead of trying to pull your finger out try pushing it in untel it gag's, them pull it out while it's gaging.:ah: I do it all the time He He He

5. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    No thanks Jim, LOL.