Opinions?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ryang, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok I went and scoped out a place by the airport here in Cbus what do you all think?

Attached Files:

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Some more pics, this is a part of Big Walnut Creek.

Attached Files:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Some more pics......

Attached Files:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I think I'd love to be up there tryin those spots out with you! They look like they are pretty good.Let us know how you do when you get to fish them!

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    more with more to come

Attached Files:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    more.................

Attached Files:

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Last 3 I promise :big_smile: , this creek at this area is about 30-40 yds wide but its probably not that wide in normal stage since we have had rain its probably higher than normal.

Attached Files:

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gary, is that the 317 bridge or the rail road bridge ? I just googled it and both areas look nice but the railroad bridge looks like the best spot. can you get to it? :smile2:

9. HoFFmaXX

HoFFmaXX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That first set of pics, with all the brush and trees in the water, that looks lie flathead heaven to me. Judging by the shallowness of the water, nighttime would prolly b the best time to try it. I bet theres some bass in that area too.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Looks good but be carefull. Ya may catch somethin for the fish off ya didn't enter! LOL! NAH! NAH!

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gary my opinion,I think you've found youself a "goldmine" Good luck and keep us posted!:big_smile:

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary that area looks good. Put the camera down for awhile and grab the rod and go fishing. Then pick the camera up and show us the fish. Good luck and thanks for sharing your fishing area.:lol: :smile2:

13. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    LOOKS LIKE A REAL HONEY HOLE BROTHER. LET US ALL KNOW WHAT YOU PULL OUT OF THAT HOLE.GOOD LUCK!

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jack that is the 317 bridge I didnt see one for the tressel at least Im not sure where your talking about. I know of one area that I used to go to that the tressel would go over and it was gar city. If I can get a chance to try this place Ill let you all know, Im not sure if there will be unsavory characters there at night trying to take advantage of me (and Im not talking about people like Big George :lol: ).

15. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Gary, if you plan on fishing at night, BE CAREFUL!!!. . I keep hearing Greenlawn dam is good for flatheads in the spring. Lots of saugeye fishermen catch flatheads. I don't care how good it may be, you will never see me fishing at night down there! The Big Walnut has some nice channels but I don't know if you'll find any flatheads. The area in the pics also look pretty accessible, so it's probably hit hard. With that said and it being in town, I would'nt even try. When I first started catfishing, I hit all kinds of spots that were close to home , meaning around the Columbus area. Had too many tense moments. I don't like having to look over my shoulder when I am fishing.

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Ryan don't waste your time if you are after flatheads. In a small creek you might scare up a small channel or two but overall I wouldn't risk my personal well being on a semi-productive channel spot. Now if it was a state record flathead spot, I'd bring my hatchet, my knife, and my gun. Then I'd challenge anyone who strayed to close. If you come to the gathering I will personally park you on a flathead location. If you can't sit long enough or twittle with your bait so as to make it unedible to a flathead that is on you. But I can put you on a flathead.

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Last chance ryan, I won't offer ever again, lol.

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Phil this spot is on the left hand side when getting off of 270 going towards the airport you pass right over it on that bridge. It does have some fairly accessable spots but it does stink like no tomorrow (that could be cause it floods out so often too). I may try it some day just to see if there is anything good at least by the bridge.

19. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Skip dont worry man Ill take you up on it.

20. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Gary, we've known about that spot for 40 years... well you have for 41 lol! When is the last time you heard of anything other than carp or Texans... I mean steers w/ no horns, around Big Walnut. You might as well put a rainbow sticker on the van and go troll Far East Rec center! Go East Young Man! Flathead waters Coshocton County, Muskingum, Morgan, Washington, Tuscarawas, Guernsey County.... Franklin County... not so much!