Opinions

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Drawout, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Is it normal for a v bottom boat to feel unstable like it may turn over with me ? I have a 72 starcraft alluminum boat with 100 hp evinrude and when i go fast it just seems unstable to me .

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    my boat used to do that when I was going fast and trimmed up really high. Then I put a stingray hydrofoil on it and it solved all the issues with running, at any speed. A lot more stable, and it turns better, and has no tendancies to porpoise. Its a totally different boat now, it even drafts better when on plane because it lifts more boat out of the water.

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    If it is rocking side to side at full speed that is called "walking". The boat is lifting out of the water and the rear is in contact with the water. I don't know how bad a walk you have but it can cause a accident if it really is bad. I have a whale tail on my bass boats engine lower unit and that has help alot. Before I had the whale tail it was slower to plane out and would walk some till I trimmed it up. Then the walk got worse because less hull was in the water. If you want PM me and I will send you a pix of the whale tail.
    Bill

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thx Bill but i bet its cause my motor is not trimmed right cause the pump quit working and i do it manually.Ill adjust it down and test the difference.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A slow chine walk aint too bad to handle but its those Virginia reels that are too hard to handle.:big_smile: