Opinions?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by RRaider, Jun 10, 2006.

1. RRaider

RRaider Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

65hp Merc, trolling motor, 2 fish finders, solid floors and transom, motor runs well and passes compression test.

They want $1800, sounds high but around here demand is high and supply is low. I'm wondering though whether it will make a decent fishing rig. We want to fish for everything from sandies and stripers to catfish. My other thought is that this is at a dealership and has been checked by the service dept. The dealerships are busy and quoting 3 weeks to check out a boat from a private seller (or any other repair for that matter). So far in my price range all I've found that were even worth considering are the bass boat in my other post and this one.

The biggest thing I see is that at times there will be three of us fishing and i'm afraid it's just going to be too cramped.

Another question, will the 65hp's be enough for this boat? I't's 15 ft. What about pulling the occasional tube?

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think I'll have to go along with the "cramped" idea. By the time you get your gear and your beer loaded is there going to be room for 3 to fish comfortably? Nice boat other than that.

3. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    My 17' is a little small with 3 but not too bad. It has a 50 hp and pulls a tube fine. Top speed is a little under 35. I would try any used boat on the water and see how I liked it before buying.

Jim

4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    My brother had a tri-hull mustang like that one with a 40 hp motor and it pulled a tube just fine. :smile2:

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i to agree i think you wil probably be a little cramp but i think that 60 will push that boat just fine

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    if the boat is solid motor has good compression and it fits your needs ask the owner if you and him can go take it out so you can see it run etc. and if it passes that test then id say get it if he keeps coming up with reasons not to go out then pass it by as there is something wrong with it like it leaks or engine has high speed issues etc.