Opinions wanted .

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Drawout, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Johnny, Looks like a good enough finder.... the only problem Ive had over the years is the buttons for the menus deterioated over the years in the hot dessert sun and then water vapor got in an zapped the system..The one that I had at the time was Eagle..... maybe someone knows what co. makes that tournament one... good luck..

bayrunner ray

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Bump to the top :cool2:

4. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I don't know much about that model but I did have a Bottom Line at one time and it was a nice unit...

IF you really looking then the best thing you can do is get the best one you can afford... Take time and find out which ones are in your price range then read reviews on each model and ask questions...

Remember if you ask at a store, they will most times try to sell you most costly model weather you need it or not if they work on comish'...

So use the internet and take advantage of the free info to get the information you need to make your pick...

5. robbor

robbor New Member

State:
    Ca
    Yes it is more than good enough. I think Id look on ebay and see what transducers are avail and look for an extra. Also check the warranty. I really splurge a few years back on a top of the line lowrance and have had nothing but headaches. Its gone dead and been replaced 3 time and i have also gone through 3 transducers, I will not be spending alot of money ever again. All you are really looking for is bottem structure and possibly it showing a few fish and all finders will do that. Lowrance gave me alot of BS the last time also. I had to go to the top to get anything done the last time, they sent me a new transducer, It lasted about 4months and needs to be replaced again.

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thx for all the replies ,im mainly wanting it to display shad well.

7. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    looks like a great unit! I bet it would do everything u want it to. Also check out this one http://www.basspro.com/servlet/cata...arClassCode=1&hvarSubCode=1&hvarTarget=browse
    I got it at Bass Pro last year for 150 bucks on sale. I really like it for that price, the best one i've seen around that range. It is a color screen and has a night vision color setting that is absolutely amazing! It shows up brilliantly in even the darkest conditions. I love it for driftfishing, i can keep my focus on my rods and just glance at the depth finder and get a reading, it marks baitfish and cats pretty well also. if you drift fish at all i would highly recomend that one.

the only thing i do not like about it is that it does not swivel horizontally, only vertically. I had to mount a swivel thing I bought at the hardware store under it. Not a big deal but something worth noting.

8. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Ive read in lots of articles, to get at least 320 by 320 pixels and lots of peak power is good. My main concern is hoping this depth finder will find the shad and show arches instead of fish symbols.:big_smile:

9. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

it is a little smaller pixel than that, but because it is color I can still see more detail than I could with my old black and white (320 by 320) i can definately see arches and baitfish, I have marked shad in as shallow as 5 feet and as deep as 45. I really like this depth finder, head up to the Ohio River and we'll take it out and u can see it in action, excuse for a fishing trip! :lol:

10. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    LOL thx for invite but Ohio in my truck at 10 mpg would get expensive.

11. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    haha, with the money u would spend on gas you could probably just buy a new boat with an expensive depth finder. :cool2:

12. Gunner-Fisherman

State:
    Ohio
    In the members sales there is a nice one for sale for 100.00 Has some extra with I believe...

Just an option...

13. Gunner-Fisherman

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry I just looked at it for some info for you and it is sold...