Opinions Please - Boat Appraisal?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by meangreen351, May 31, 2006.

1. meangreen351

meangreen351 New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Hey Y'all I have a 1987 Cajun 18 FT. Bass Boat with a 115 johnson OB. I bought it about a year ago and have since added new carpet, batteries, a new minn kota 40 lb thrust trolling motor, and a new humminbird fish finder.(T/M and F/F not even a month old.) Love the boat but i just don't have time to use it anymore. (Started driving a truck for a living, takes all my time) I was just wondering about what it would be worth. Everything is in great shape except boat is a little faded. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Meangreen, I would look up the retail value in the nada book. They will have a listing for your boat and an option for added accessories. You should be able to do it online. Just do a search for NADA on your browser. Their estimates are usually just a general guidline, some of the option money may also be a little on the low side since your stuff is new, but it will put you in the ballpark. Vern

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
  4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Also check your local newspapers, or papers from a near by large city. They'll have a listing of boats for sale. Find a comparable year, model, and equipment features and you'll be in the ball park. Look at all of them, possibly add all the prices together and then get an average. If the average is above what you think your rig is worth, raise your price and try to sell. If no takers, lower the prices slightly. Keep it up and you'll get the fair market price for your area.

5. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    depends on if your selling it to me or someone else.... if your selling it to me i'd say 500 for the boat and motor, plus 200 for the trailer... someone else you could probably go 5000 or more for the boat motor and trailer ;-)... hey i go for good deals;-)

I'd atleast say what you paid for the boat, plus all the upgrades you did on it though...