opinion on frank-n-rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by kscathunter, Oct 25, 2008.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I bought one of those darn cheep enough to not pass up ozark snaggers at that bass place and now i dont know what to do with it. i originally thought of hanging it out the back of the boat with the biggest piece of bait i could get away with on the mo. gas prices kept me away from that idea and im still thinking its too stiff. BUT looking around the garage i got to thinking the tip on the ozark is the same size as the bottom piece of my king kat rod soooo if i took the tip eye off the snagger the top of the king kat should slip right over the top of the snagger making a 11-12ft rod:wink: is this a good idea or bad. i dont want to break either rod but if it work:cool2: my main consern is that one is solid and the other is hollow i assume and it overstraining the connection point.

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I once broke the top half of a 8' custom on a straight 90% hookset,popped like a rifle shot:smile2:.

But It took me 6 months or better to find a top half ( farrel section )of a 2pc to fit that blank!:eek:oooh: The reason is the answer to your ?.. Taper..

Even if you slide the bottom section of the rod over the top of the snagger you must keep in mind that your rod must be snug at the joint edge and up into the section like a 1/2" PVC coupler & Pipe.

It should not go down no more than 2 1/2-3" at the most. You should shake the rod and if you feel the rod blanks wiggling or a popping feeling at the joint means one of the 2 or both may need to be trimmed down a little, or you may need to find the right blank that has the same taper on the blank. If not the top half will split apart at the farrel. If you can find that point I would say you could go on with the project:wink:

Good Luck.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i kind of thought about that for a half a second ,taper. i should have a micrometer some were that i could measure the two rods at a couple different spots if they are close i might try it, if not oh well guess ill forget that idea. thanks!