Opinion about zebco

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by longbow310, Jul 10, 2008.

1. longbow310

longbow310 New Member

State:
    sc
    Do you think zebco makes good quailty reels any more?

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    NO!

THEY USED TO. a 33 is still ok for kids. 733 hawg. they dont have adjustable drag. you couldnt stick one of them up my behind.:wink:

no, my opinoin is if I want to land fish and get that big one in when he comes then equiptment is key. i have a couple old antique zebcos for looks and a couple for my kid. i own abus. 10 to be exact.

i had 1 to many zebco's hang up and fly apart casting. yet to see an abu or penn do that.

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Good quality for kids. Thats what my kids are learning on. Although,I have seen some decent fish landed on the 808 and 888. Me using one,hell no. I would have to be damn hungry first.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't think they make anything that is any good any more. You used to be able to really depend on the Zebco 33 classic, but even it has went to H*&L

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i have 3 that are 6 or 8 years old i realy like theam and still use theam myself but as for a new one i cant coment on i would trust the uther guys advise on theam i mostely use open face now in diawa shamono and pen the penn is by far the best one of all the ones iv got and the price on theam is not as bad as thay ones was but i do like all 3 of theam open faces are pretty cheap and almoste trouble free thay have my vote hope this helps

6. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    today zebco s$%ks I have a post about my 808 I wont waste my money on a zebco

7. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Ain't nothing like the good ole' days! That goes for Zebco too!

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well they just like every thing else maid in CHINA so what can you expect ,I just bought two Abu's 7000ics PRo Rockets and they have plastic end caps and are made in CHINA it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and it SUCKS So I guess this is the age of the plastic