Operator for the day

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Mar 27, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    today at work a was an opperater :lol: i had a 800 foot ditch to dig and used a rt40 ditch witch the cadalac of witches it did what would have taken all day to do in 2 hours dug a ditch 6 to 10 inches deep by 8 inches wide then me and another laborer put 800 feet of silt fence in we should be able to finsh back filling around it tomarrow then i have another 50 feet to repair and another stretch im not sure how long to do before next week hope i get to use the ditch witch again that was great fun while it lasted

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Way to go Charles , just run everything you can every chance you get . Theres good money in being a heavy equipment operator, glad you got a chance!!

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Way to go, Charles! You're gettin some super on-the-job training and like Richard said, that's worth alot. Our pastor is a heavy equipment operator - licensed/certified, whatever they call it - and he's always busy; workin on a local highway project now. Great job!

4. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I operated a shovel today and the only thing heavy was the dirt!

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Thats cool chuck I always jump at the chance to learn different machinery. make the best of what they give ya buddy

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    When I worked for Bryant Electric Company out of High Point they also did water and sewer line lay projects.
    They had a monster of a trackhoe I always wanted to run.
    It took 3 seperate rigs and trailers to get it on site then a day to build it.
    One hoe full would fill a dump truck.:lol: It didnt take long to lay 5 miles of 4 foot diameter concrete pipe down the side of 421.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Lucky you! All I got to operate today was an ammbassaduer 7001 with cut bait on the line. LOL! Learn all the equipment. Its gotta pay off in the long run.

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks for the reply's brothers and sisters , its great fun working on this big of a job :lol: everyone knows im a painter by trade but here i am learning a bunch of new trades every thing from digging ditches to pouring concrete i really enjoy my new job its hard to beleive iv only been there 1 month :lol: yeah 4 weeks seems like a life time , every day is some thing new

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats! You're movin on up! Keep up the good work!

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    It sure makes the day go by when your doing something you like and learning new things. Glad to hear your doing well Buddy.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Charles it's a pleasure to read your post about your new job and work. Best of luck to you.

For all my life I've heard all the negatives about jobs, either it... didn't pay enough, didn't have enough benefits, too much overtime, didn't get enough training, didn't like the job, work was too hard, poor job conditions, never got promotions and most of all.. didn't like the boss.

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i feel for you gary :lol: most days thats what im doing either pushing a shovel or a broom but man what fun it is :lol:

yeah it seems alot of people complain about their jobs , if they are unhappy with them then why not quit personally iv had worse jobs than this one and so far other than a few union guys not working as hard as i feel they should for the money their getting i have no complaints by the way im non union and i work twice as hard and get more overtime than them and if i was union i would still work as hard i beleive in giving a 100% when on the job im not there just to get a check although it helps :lol:

like today it was pouring down rain when we clocked in so after an hour of sitting inside most everyone was sent home course i stayed behind and gathered trash in the rain , spotted an operator while unloading trucks of crane mats in the rain , set out 4" water pumps to pump water from holes that will be poured with crete friday in the rain :lol: i got my 9 hours in

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I always Like to read your post Charles weekend,s comming and cats should be biteing:006:

14. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sounds like you got one of those dirty rotten thankless jobs that somebody has to do. I'm glad you found something you enjoy doing, other than cat fishing.:big_smile:
    I myself prefer jobs that are always changing and getting down and dirty. Seems to make the day go quicker.

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Charles! I think I'm a lot like you! Get out there and give a good days work no matter what the conditions and collect the paycheck for the hard work!:cool2: