Opening Snagging Weekend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by tcassity, Mar 17, 2008.

1. tcassity

tcassity New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just wanted to see how everyone did snagging this first weekend, we went below truman dam didn't have much luck. Saw 8 fish on saturday, and 3 on sunday off other boats, there was a lot of boats down there too. Just wanted to hear from some, making sure we weren't the only ones not doing so hot.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    We caught 7 down on the James River arm of Tablerock opening night. There were several other boats that had fish boated also from what I seen. Mostly all males though. Once the water warms up, hold on to your hats because it's gonna get wild! :roll_eyes:

3. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I hope to get on the James in April. The Bridgeport Lodge has a small jon/motor they'll rent. I doubt if I will try the night as a new person on the James, but I do hope to try it someday at night. Hannibal Mike

4. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    We went out on the Mississippi yesterday. I didn't hit a thing.... I took my brother who had never been snagging before and he hit 2 spoonies on back to back casts. The first was 21 and the second was 26......... Lets just say he a blast. Things are beginning to look as if we will have decent year up here. I just want the big girls to start movin....... :wink:

5. flatheadHunter84

flatheadHunter84 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Alot of boats had one or two on them at osceola mostley small ones on boath days, I did see a few nice ladies taken, don't know of anyone that went down there today but i took a week of of work starting wed day so ill hit a bunch of diffrent spots and let you know how we did.