opening day!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by on_the_fly, Sep 2, 2009.

1. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    here in KY this comming Saturday is opening morning (9-5-09) for archery. any of yall going to be out and about? its only a few days away but I'm still not sure if I'm going to go yet or not. the boy is wanting to go but I realy like the weather to be a little cooler although the nights are not too bad now. an eveving hunt just might be in the near future:wink:

2. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    October 1st is our opener. Every year I take a week or two vacation then but this year I think Im only going to take a day or two and save my time for later in October/ November. It cools here in September then about October 1st its back up into the high 80's/90's for two weeks. GOOD LUCK

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009

3. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Iowa is Oct. 1 as well. Counting down the days...:wink:

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    oct 4th in texas! i am cocked, locked and ready to rock doc! i have shot my bow almost every day this year, bring em on! i'll just keep killing birds till the season opens. good luck to all.

5. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    First saturday in October here. Its hard to get pumped up for the opener because its always hot. I usually hit the first 2 hours and then the evening hunt usually doesnt start till about 730 or 8 pm. I'll save my vacation for the first week in november:wink:.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Opens Sept. 15th in Missouri.

7. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    yep the 15th of sep here,can't wait.weather has been real nice here lately.not to hot and not to cool.weather permitting i'll be out there the week after opening weekend.

Good Luck To All!!!

8. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Our season opens up october 1'st. I've been stoked about it for a couple of months. At least until yesterday. I have been waiting for the doctor to schedule a knee surgery. She called me yesterday and told me it was scheduled for oct. 1'st at 7:00 a.m. Grrrrrrrr. I'll miss at least the first few weeks of hunting !!:eek:oooh:

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I am freaking siked up and ready to go...im going to go sit in my stand this evening, just to see what comes by...i am ready to go baby...

10. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Good luck to all of you guys this season. I'm still waiting on Ohio's bow season. Still got some time left; it starts 9-26. Startin to get pumped:big_smile:. Hopefully I'll bag my first deer:smile2:, going on my 3rd season of bow hunting.

11. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Sept 15 is our opener here in Missouri. Just bought a new sight and rubber boots and my food plots got a good drink of water yesterday so I'm ready to start whacking and stacking the backstraps. :smile2:

12. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i went out yesterday morning, hunted from about an hour before daylight till 10:15-10:30am. I saw a Little 8pt, 3 does all in the first 30-45 min of day light. it started getting really humid and a little to warm about 900am so i sat it out for just a little longer and called it quits. i didnt get to hunt last evening or today, but ill be out there the rest of the week, the good lord willing. not a bad first day all things considered. that little 8 pt will be a nice deer next year if it lives through gun season.

13. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    sounds like you're in the right spot jeremy! good luck stickin one. keep up the reports, yall are adding to my deer induced insomnia! :big_smile:

14. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Oh man! I think would reshedule if I could.......like after the season is over :smile2:

15. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Opening day of Archery season in Nebraska starts on Sept. 15. Usually I don't get to excited until mid October or when the Pre-Rut starts kicking in. Still need to hang stands! Hoping this weekend I will get them hung. Got some new property to hunt this year, so I'm stoked. Can ya say BBD?:wink:

16. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I think it would be nice if PA opened even for just a week in September instead of the first saturday in October. It seems like that first weekend is exactly when the beans start turning and the deer start switching from summer patterns to fall patterns. It seems like you can almost set your watch by the patterns of the deer in August and September around here. Oh well, its still too hot to be archery hunting anyway. Good luck all you guys that are getting out there.